WnSoft Forums

Nikon Capture NXD Available.

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Whilst I'm now almost 100% Elements 10, I can't resist a freebie, so I've just downloaded NXD. I'll take a look at it when I have time. The download info said free, whereas previously you had to have paid for NX2 to get the up-grades, whether this is the same, I'm not sure.

https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61614

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-30110300-1408646055_thumb.jp

NX-D is Nikon's "replacement" for CNX-2 and is a pure RAW converter without the NIK refinements.

NIK was (and still is) not related in any way to Nikon.

The NIK refinements which were built into CNX2 are now available as the "Google NIK Collection" of Plug-ins.

CNX2 will continue to work on PC until W8 is replaced. All cameras released from the D810 onwards are not supported by CNX2 - NX-D can be used for the D810 onwards.

As a RAW converter it gives full support for all in-camera functions and has added some of the new functions available in the D810. These new functions are now available for all Nikon DSLR NEF files back to the D70.

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

This morning I thought I would take a quick look at my acquisition, I didn't want it to become the default programme so I opened it from the NXD icon. Looks very similar to Elements 10 (dark screen background) but much brighter & easy to see. Opened an image from one of my files. an FX150 generated Jpeg & no problems, looked at a couple of the functions they seem ok. The only thing I found missing which is in Elements 10 was the customise setting in the rotate function. which I use quite a bit. Another difference was the actual image quality of the file which didn't look quite correct, however the "Ele 10" image has been through the "Enhance" function, the NXD image had been through that before opening it in NXD, so maybe that was why :unsure:

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-28484000-1408688221_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-91826700-1408688239_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

When my Wife ditched her D40 & went to a Fuji SL1000 there was Finepix with it which I installed but never used. Just had a quick look & it's like a lot of other software packages & as she doesn't shoot raw, uses my Elements 10. Just looked at Silkypix & it was almost $200 on the Fuji site, so not a freebie. So I can't confirm what Mark says.

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-63229300-1408775851_thumb.jp