WnSoft Forums

The Perfect Circle

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I have been using Elements 10 to cut circles from rectangular images, then using the cut image to create a PNG image. I've been using the eliptical marquee tool but find trying to get a perfect circle a bit hit & miss. Has anyone a pet method of achieving, if possible using this software. No1 almost perfect, No2 rubbish.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-32262900-1411911991_thumb.pn

post-5560-0-94904100-1411912009_thumb.pn

Guest Yachtsman1

Pressing the Shift key, while dragging, will make a perfect circle in my Elements 11, and Photoshop 5.

Best regards, robertg

Thanks Robert, that works perfectly.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-96680000-1411919402_thumb.pn

post-5560-0-89765800-1411919368_thumb.pn

You misunderstand the statistics. The graph you presented is a normal cyclical response to software releases for the Wnsoft.com site and has no specific relationship to the number of visitors on this forum which is a different URL. When new software is first released, web visits are frequent. Visits to Wnsoft.com drops quickly as they do with any software company until interest again peaks with anticipation of a new release.

People are not "leaving in droves" from this forum....

Best regards,

Lin

Sometimes it is quite unpleasant in this forum, perhaps a reason why I have reduced my time to spend with it. There are people who are so eager to enter posts even if their contributions are totally evident (as to be seen in this thread), or even knowing that everything has already been said. Others are just negligent, as to be seen here. :)

Regards,

jt

It's answers like the last 2 from people who should know better are causing people to leave here in droves.

Yachtsman1.

Eric I don't know why some people on this forum take so much pleasure in bullying other members.

Does it make them feel more important? If anyone besides a moderator posted this stuff it would be removed,

For "being off topic" as was done to me recently, for replying to BB when he questioned my opinion.

Best regards, another disgusted member.

I have decided to make a medical diagnosis. I think everyone is on edge because the beta testing has not started. I am naming this PBS (Pre Beta Syndrome). Not PMS. ;) It goes away when beta testing starts. :)

Don't worry, be happy. :)

Tom

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric I don't know why some people on this forum take so much pleasure in bullying other members.

Does it make them feel more important? If anyone besides a moderator posted this stuff it would be removed,

For "being off topic" as was done to me recently, for replying to BB when he questioned my opinion.

Best regards, another disgusted member.

Hi Robert

Yes it's unfortunate that some people can't resist making snide remarks about the most innocuous subjects. 90% of the time it emanates from the same sources, who feel they can say whatever they want, but as soon as someone disagrees with their opinion go into lengthy diatribes explaining why they are correct. I noticed that one of the perpetrators had removed their post!!! (It now appears both remarks have been removed)

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

PS I expect the thread will either be locked or deleted now.

I've seen enough recently of poverty, hatred, hurt and loss of war, and enough of compassion and pain to know that if anyone here merely fell off their bicycle we would all forget our little misadventures and run to help the one who skinned their knee or feelings. Maybe I should post a show of the orphans of war and trafficking. Maybe that would be too close, too horrifying, too painful.

Pride is an awful beast--win over it with love. I admire each of you in your own way, foibles and all. I trust you can do the same for me?

Together, if we hold hands, we can make a perfect circle.

Down with PBS! Let the the Beta testing games begin!

There is another way of doing this too. create a new canvas in PS/Elements and make that a square. If I were to work this way, I would create it 1080*1080, but slightly smaller to allow a border can be more attractive. It depends what is required.

Create another blank canvas at 1920*1080 and using the move took, click, drag and drop the square into the larger canvas. Make them different shades so they can be seen easily.

You now have two layers, one at 1920*1080 and the square sitting above it at 1080*1080. Drag any image into your layered stack and then hold the alt key and click the line between the image layer and the square. The image will be wrapped to the boundaries of the square. Use the free transform tool for adjustment in size and positioning. This is a Photoshop technique, but I am guessing it will work in Elements too. This technique is a versatile and useful technique for slide show enthusiasts.

NOw th

There is another way of doing this too. create a new canvas in PS/Elements and make that a square. If I were to work this way, I would create it 1080*1080, but slightly smaller to allow a border can be more attractive. It depends what is required.

Create another blank canvas at 1920*1080 and using the move took, click, drag and drop the square into the larger canvas. Make them different shades so they can be seen easily.

You now have two layers, one at 1920*1080 and the square sitting above it at 1080*1080. Drag any image into your layered stack and then hold the alt key and click the line between the image layer and the square. The image will be wrapped to the boundaries of the square. Use the free transform tool for adjustment in size and positioning. This is a Photoshop technique, but I am guessing it will work in Elements too. This technique is a versatile and useful technique for slide show enthusiasts.

Now THAT is really smart!

PTE is a great program, but when combined with some of the image editor techniques then we can really control and be creative with presentation, which is what all this is really about.

And there is another method called paste into, but perhaps that is just showing off eh?