WnSoft Forums

New Version of Audacity Released

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Just received an email this morning-

"Audacity 2.0.6 is released! See http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ for new download links and news item."

I've just downloaded the new version. When the installation was complete, I got an error message to say that ffmpeg plug in has not successfully installed & to download it separately. For those who haven't got the ffmpeg plug in for Audacity, it gives you the ability to import the sound tracks from videos. I use it regularly for YouTube downloads, & my own camera produced videos. I downloaded ffmpeg & then tried to import a video clip shot yesterday & was a bit phased when I got another error to say ffmpeg wasn't installed. It was early morning, so thinking about it over breakfast, realised the new Audacity download was still open when I tried to import the clip. So I closed it down, re-opened it, & was able to import the clip (phew). I've waxed lyrical on this in case anyone else has the same problem. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yachtsman1.

Just received an email this morning-

"Audacity 2.0.6 is released! See http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ for new download links and news item."

I've just downloaded the new version. When the installation was complete, I got an error message to say that ffmpeg plug in has not successfully installed & to download it separately. For those who haven't got the ffmpeg plug in for Audacity, it gives you the ability to import the sound tracks from videos. I use it regularly for YouTube downloads, & my own camera produced videos. I downloaded ffmpeg & then tried to import a video clip shot yesterday & was a bit phased when I got another error to say ffmpeg wasn't installed. It was early morning, so thinking about it over breakfast, realised the new Audacity download was still open when I tried to import the clip. So I closed it down, re-opened it, & was able to import the clip (phew). I've waxed lyrical on this in case anyone else has the same problem. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yachtsman1.

Yea, I got the same error message as it was installed. But I just closed the program and reopened it and then did not get the error message again. I tried opening an MP3 sound file and exported it as a test and all worked with no problem. So it must just be an install glitch that is really not a problem.

Gary