WnSoft Forums

Reconnecting moved images

Gypsey

I have a completed AV.

I then moved all my files from one drive to another and when I now open the pte file it says for all images 'image not found' as one would expect.

My question is how can one reconnect all the images from their new location to the previously completed pte file.

One way is simply to open the folder containing the images in their new location and then replace each one in pte

But is there a way whereby one can do it in one go.

I would appreciate suggestions, even if the answer is it can't be done

Arthur

Arthur,

Open the PTE project on the original drive - click on the upper left tool bar on "File" "Create Backup in Zip" then PTE will collect all images, pte file, audio files, videos, etc., and zip them all into an archive. Copy the zipped file to your new hard drive and extract the zipped files. Everything will be there and PTE will then open and run just as it did on the other hard drive. Just open the PTE file which will be one of the extracted files and it will find all the files needed to run your project.

Otherwise you will have to click on each image then navigate to the new location then when all images and sound files and/or videos have been located save the project and the new locations will be stored in the PTE file. The first way is the proper way to move everything.

Best regards,

Lin

Authur,

If all the moved files to another drive are contained within one single folder (not multiple/nested folders), its possible just to copy the PTE file to that same single folder on the other drive and then open that PTE file. All missing images should be found. Save the PTE file so the new file/drive location is recorded. You can now copy/move the newly saved PTE file to where you normally store your PTE files if desired.

* Remember for this particular process to work ... all images, other resource files, and the PTE file must reside in the same single folder before you save.

Thankyou Lin and nobeefstu

The Zip file option, which I had not appreciated is the way to go for me. I have tried it and it works.

Maybe not a good practice, but I do not keep all the resources in one folder, so the second option would not work.

Thanks very much

Arthur