WnSoft Forums

Rectangle with a Window - add to O&A menu

Copy the Mask container from slide a to slide b and change the Image in the Mask Container for the one you want in O&A Properties.

You can also create a Style to do it for you? Drag all of your images in - Apply the style to them all.

If you create one slide with everything that you want in it - send it to me and I'll create a style for you?

DG

Copy the Mask container from slide a to slide b and change the Image in the Mask Container for the one you want in O&A Properties.

You can also create a Style to do it for you? Drag all of your images in - Apply the style to them all.

If you create one slide with everything that you want in it - send it to me and I'll create a style for you?

DG

Dave,

Yes, I understand that I can copy the Mask from slide a to slide b and then change the image. Though I'd rather place all the images into the slide list first, this method is workable for when I don't have to do it to a large amount of images.

Hmmmm... a Style? Now you have me really going to the edge!!! :) I will give that a try. I am attaching an image that was scanned from a slide with the raw edges that need to be covered with a Mask. Much appreciated.

Thanks...Gary

post-1794-0-40453800-1412620338_thumb.jp

Hi Gary,

How does this relate to your original idea?

Why would this need two sets of adjustments?

Do you want to see the bg behind the frame?

Dg

Dave,

Yes, this does relate to my original idea. In my original post, I have a picture of a boat. Let's say this image has the raw borders resulting from scanning a slide, similar to my recent posting. Actually, with the Mask, I'd probably need only the inside (or window or hole) adjustments, so the image would be in the center. Then I could adjust the 'Mask (Rectangle)' object or 'frame'.

I hope this is making sense. See attached images...

Gary

ADDED LATER: I now just noticed that I can not add a border (Adjust image and border) around the 'Mask (Rectangle)'. It can only be added around the image (with the raw edges). Seems I am back to using just the 'Adjust image and border' to be able to accomplish both effects. :mellow:

post-1794-0-44880400-1412624309_thumb.jp

post-1794-0-74060900-1412624424_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Gary

Are these 35mm slides? If they are, when I bought my Canon scanner it came with frames/masks of common formatsto hold the slides in place, I didn't get round corners or fuzzy edges? :blink:

Eric

Yachtsman1

Gary,

You have the bg, you have the frame and you have the image.

Using masks I can define the outer dimensions of the frame and the inner aperture dimensions of the frame independently. I can also control the Size of the image.

What do you want the bg to be? Can I use a blurred version of the image as the bg?

DG

P.s. it is 10pm - I will look at it in the morning if no one else takes it on in the meantime.

Gary,

You have the bg, you have the frame and you have the image.

Using masks I can define the outer dimensions of the frame and the inner aperture dimensions of the frame independently. I can also control the Size of the image.

What do you want the bg to be? Can I use a blurred version of the image as the bg?

DG

P.s. it is 10pm - I will look at it in the morning if no one else takes it on in the meantime.

Dave,

No, I don't want any background image; only the primary image will show.

But, I am getting the feeling that the Style's aperature dim3ensions will not be adjustable, since you say you will 'define' the dimensions. Will the Style be adjustable for use on images that will not be exactly the same?

Gary

Gary

Gary

Are these 35mm slides? If they are, when I bought my Canon scanner it came with frames/masks of common formatsto hold the slides in place, I didn't get round corners or fuzzy edges? :blink:

Eric

Yachtsman1

I don't remember how I scanned these 35mm slides. It could have been on my Nikon Coolscan or using a slide adapter for a camera. But the edges all came out with rounded corners that match the slides' openings and some fuzzy edges. I got a new slide scanner last Christmas but haven't even opened the box yet.... :(

Gary

Re-phrase:

YOU will be able to adjust both inner and outer dimensions.

You have altered the brief again? You wanted (originally) a frame where you could adjust both?

It is going to look a bit "off" if you have different dimensions on each slide?

Bed!!!!

DG

Gary,

Please try this as a "Proof of Concept". Add a single 3:2 image to a new project and then Import and Apply the ptestyle to that single Image.

Gary Mask.ptestyle

In O&A you can use the "Outer Adjust" and "Inner Adjust" to independently control the outside and inside dimensions of the frame.

The ptestyle defaults to a symmetrical frame width/size - using the grab handles on one of the adjustments will cause the relative size of the Horizontal and Vertical Frame width to change.

If you want to keep the same thickness of frame all around then you will need to adjust the Outer Adjustment first and then, using the "Size/Position..." box adjust the width and height of the Inner Adjust independently to get the consistent frame width.

Alternatively if you want to keep the 3:2 AR of the Image then you can alter the Inner Adjust first and then calculate the Outer Adjust figures to give the consistent horizontal and vertical frame width.

You can change the colour of the Frame in O&A Properties and choose a different colour/gradient.

When you have what you consider to be the "best fit" for your project, you can Save the Style (new name) and apply it to multiple images dragged into the Slide List.

You can also delete the Blurred BG image and the Shadow PNG before saving if you wish.

A note on Aspect ratio - I noticed that you mentioned earlier in the thread that your "Out of Camera" images were 3008x2000. I am sure that you will have realised that this is not a "true" 3:2 AR and that some cropping is advisable for the sake of accuracy?

DG

Gary,

In addition to the previous post here is an alternative to which I have added a "stroke" line in the mask. The Image is maintained in the 3:2 AR and the Frame Width is uniform.

attachicon.gifGary Mask 2.ptestyle

DG

Greetings Dave,

Your are a magician. Thanks. I played with both Styles. Very cool.

I liked the 'Gary Mask 2.ptestyle' better because it has the 'stroke'. I liked it because, within the stroke, I was able to enable the 'Adjust image and border', which allowed me to put in my own border. But I also wanted to be able to eliminate the 'stroke' part of it and just have the border enabled (not showing the stroke). The stroke looks nice with the a border, but I'd like to be able to have the flexibility for it to not be included with a border. Possible?

Then, this morning, I woke up with my original request floating around in my mind. My original point was to have a rectangle with a window so that 'both' the outer and the inner edges had handles. I was told that this could not be done with an object. There could only be one set of handles. After going through your Styles, it dawned on me that, perhaps, all that is needed is a rectangle that has a window and only the inner window has the handles. Your Style does the job and offers flexibility. But, is it possible to have an object that is a rectangle with a window (Add Rectangle with Window) with handles that are only on the inside window's edges AND be able to Enable Borders on the inside window's edges (so it will create a frame around the inserted image)????

I attached two images; one without Style applied and one with Style applied.

Thanks for the Styles,

Gary

post-1794-0-47788600-1412692715_thumb.jp

post-1794-0-85035300-1412692734_thumb.jp

Hi Gary,

Let's concentrate on the second version.

The "stroke" line is the Black/White/Black (triple) line - if you don't want it delete it from within the mask and save the result - Slide Style / Tools / Create.

With regard to the "handles" - you can only have one set and they can only be on the OUTSIDE.

Look at the style closely - the Inner Adjustment is the OUTSIDE of the MASK.

The Outer Adjustment is the OUTSIDE of the Red (in my case) Rectangle.

The adjustment handles on an object are always OUTSIDE.

DG

Hi Gary,

.Let's concentrate on the second version.

The "stroke" line is the Black/White/Black (triple) line - if you don't want it delete it from within the mask and save the result - Slide Style / Tools / Create.

With regard to the "handles" - you can only have one set and they can only be on the OUTSIDE.

DG

Dave,

If I remove the 'stroke', there is no 'Adjust image and border' choice available on any of the other components of the mask.

Interesting limitation on 'handles'.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Let's concentrate on the second version.

DG

Greetings Dave,

Perhaps you have lost interest in this topic. :( I hope not because I think I have found a solution to my question after seeing your Styles that you have created.

So now some questions:

1- I modified your Style to make it a simple way of creating a 'rectangle with a window'. With your Style that I modified, I can adjust the size of the image and also adjust the size of the window and crop the image as needed. Now that I have modified you Style in the O&A, how can I save it as a new Style?

2- The only thing now missing is the ability to create a border on the 'M Inner Adjust' object. I'd like to be able to create a border around this object the same way that you can in the 'Adjust Image and Border' menu. Is there a way to do this or is it possible for Igor to create a way of making a border around this object?

Please see the attachment. Thanks,

Gary

post-1794-0-45758000-1413231214_thumb.jp

Gary,

You didn't have to modify it. My original did it for you.

The outer adjust gave you the adjustable border as per your original request?

To save a style - Tools / create.

DG

Dave,

Oh... I was not sure what or how the Create worked. I fiddle with it a bit and discovered how it works. I just did not realize that it would Create the modified Style once you were out of O&A. Not intuitive but it works. I just had to rename it. Perfect. This allows me to crop an image and make it smaller to give it black borders. Now I just want to be able to create a border around the image (actually with the 'M inner Adjust' object').

So, is it possible to create a border with the 'M inner Adjust' object? Is this something Igor can create? It would very helpful to be able to create borders on objects that are not only images.

Gary