WnSoft Forums

Lost Wedding Album template

linzi

Hi all

My computer crashed 3 weeks ago and I am slowly regaining all the software etc.

Problem is, I have lost the wedding animated background template photo album from TheDom.

• As TheDom's website download is not allowing me to click the DOWNLOAD small grey button on the page
  • and as I have had no response to any attempts to contact him,
  • and as it is a FREE download,
  • and as I have an urgent wedding to do,

is it unethical for one of you to send it to me?

I love it and I am desperate.

Please?

linzi

I think if you dig around on TheDom's website you can find some stuff you can still download. It's pretty broken up, so be creative. Try here. I have a photo album template (not a wedding album--I think he sold that, and I don't have it) from TheDom, but its pretty old. I recommend Barry Beckham's Wedding Album. His prices are VERY reasonable for what you get.

Thank you JudyKay. I have looked at the Beckham one also but much prefer TheDom's version. I couldnt find any other album on TheDom's site which is really a mess, such a pity. Have tried 7 ways from sunday to get at the backed up data from the crash but no luck.

I am quite happy to pay for a good one but can't seem to find any by anyone else.

:(

Hi Linzi,

Do you have any backup zipped projects where you used this template? That is have you clicked on "files" "create backup in zip" ? If so, you should be able to recover (extract) it from the zipped backup of another project.

I've just verified that the download links on Dom's site don't work and he's apparently not in country right now so I know of no way to contact him. Since it's a free download anyway, it wouldn't be improper if someone has it to share it with you. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone personally who uses it so can't be of much help.

A good plan for the future is to backup every project using the "create backup in zip" then you should always be able to recover previously used sequences.

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you for your reply Lin. 20/20 vision in hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I do still have backup of all my images but thought if I needed a slide show which I had made for a purpose at the time, I could recreate it. Sadly I am now in this pickle.

I have some slideshows on YouTube, but of course they are now in that format and I did not even know about the Backup to Zip function. I will certainly be using that a lot in future.

So, since it was a free download [ and seems to still be so] and since Lin thinks it would therefore not be against the rules for someone to send it to me, is there ANYone out there who could help?

Pleeeze?

Pam

Guest Yachtsman1

Thank you for your trouble Yachtsman1. I see that was posted in Jan 2011, and all the links go to TheDom's site and end with an error page.

Whatever was the problem he was having it does not seem to have got better.

:( Sadness Sadness.

linzi

Hi Linzi

I was able to download the Wedding Album Exe Zip folder & run it. If Dom has given up I'm sure it's a fairly simple task for one of the experts to create a copy template or at least something similar. :unsure:

I downloaded it also, but I am far from being an expert. Barry Beckham's one is similar but I doubt I could even tweak it that far.

There is an elegance and variety about TheDom's work that I really like in any of the templates I have had of his.

This is one I specially like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f32GSf-5U8g#!

linzi

Linzi,

Here is a style based on the Video in post #10.

Add (DRAG) five images into the Slide List - Import the Style and apply it to all five highlighted slides.

If you want to apply it to more you need to add (drag) the images into the Slide List in groups of five as follows:

1;2;3;4;5;5;6;7;8;9;9;10;11;12;13 etc

The fifth image is always repeated at the beginning of the next group of five.

Each group of five images makes four slides after the style is applied.

The Style does not set the BG for you - go to Project Options / Main Tab and set your BG there. To mimic the Video set something like Gradient and Medium Gray to Lighter Gray.

DOM STYLE.ptestyle

Here's a variation on the above Style:

DOM STYLE 2.ptestyle

Images are 3:2 in a 3:2 project.

Here's a repeating EXE which demonstrates both styles:

DOM STYLE.zip

DG

Hi Linzi, I am so glad the request worked out for you. (And JudyKay)

I still had the style, because I am a software hoarder, I can hardly bring myself to delete, or uninstall anything.

Thanks to Dom for his work and generosity in sharing, and DaveGee for his time, talent, and work making this forum what it is today.

We can all be better people, by emulating the ones that help us all, by sharing ideas and resorces and not bickering amongst ourselves.

All the best to everyone, robertg.

• 1 year later...
On 11/3/2014 at 2:10 AM, JudyKay said:

I think if you dig around on TheDom's website you can find some stuff you can still download. It's pretty broken up, so be creative. Try here. I have a photo album template (not a wedding album--I think he sold that, and I don't have it) from TheDom, but its pretty old. I recommend Barry Beckham's Wedding Album. His prices are VERY reasonable for what you get.

I know this is 2 years ago but .....
I have recently bought the wedding album template and have tried to insert photos but have just created a complete mess!  I've downloaded 10 tutorial videos and am no wiser about my predicament although I have had a refresher course on the basics.
Is there a video anywhere that can show me how to use the wedding album template?