WnSoft Forums

How can I make my video clip brighter?

smokinggoldfish

I have shot some short video clips to incorporate into an AV. But some of them are too dark. Can anyone suggest a simple way to brighten them up? I have tried some free video editors but they seem very complicated, and don't appear to have this function. Would be very nice to be able to do it in PTE, but version 8 does not have this facility as far as I can see. I usually shoot MP4 and let PTE convert the file to a avi.

I have shot some short video clips to incorporate into an AV. But some of them are too dark. Can anyone suggest a simple way to brighten them up? I have tried some free video editors but they seem very complicated, and don't appear to have this function. Would be very nice to be able to do it in PTE, but version 8 does not have this facility as far as I can see. I usually shoot MP4 and let PTE convert the file to a avi.

Greetings,

I'd prefer a free version too, but I found one that is pretty reasonable for what it does. I purchased the PowerDirector13. Normally it is $69.99, but at this site,it is only $49.99 (download):

http://store.hermanstreet.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=powerdirector

It has many adjustments and enhancements for video. I just got mine so I am just trying it out. So this might help out. See the attachment.

Gary

post-1794-0-40398500-1415648782_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

I use W7 Professional 64 bit & Windows Movie maker is pre-installed. It's only a basic editing programme but since my free version of Video Pad expired I've used it to lighten or darken video clips.

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-03656000-1415658074_thumb.jp post-5560-0-59262700-1415658096_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Saw Lin's post after I added mine. Tried opening my version again & got the expiry notice. Then went to NCH Software & re-installed the latest "free" version & it installed OK & appears to be as good as my original. I used this a couple of years ago editing video clips in my "Last Tango in Lord Street" show. It is a great programme which I demonstrated speeding up & slowing down of video clips in a past thread on here, which is one of its may great features. Glad it's back.

Yachtsman1.

Well, what a great response - thanks everyone!

I tried Lin's suggestion of VideoPad Video Editor and it was easy to use and seems to have done a great job. Thanks Lin. Only puzzle was which output to use from the choices offered. I chose avi at 1440 by 1080 although the original was MP4 at 1440 by 1080. Not sure if this was the best choice but now I am building it into my AV so will soon be able to tell if the quality is OK.

smokinggoldfish

Guest Yachtsman1

Just a thought Lin, could it be that Moderators are expected to show no favoritism towards any individual, and thus are barred from Like by the forum software? That would have a certain kind of sense to it, in my eyes.

regards,

Peter

Just tried it & the result is in the screen shot.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-11309700-1416176755_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Thanks again everyone. Good to know it will be possible in the next release. Video Pad Editor worked OK, and also allowed me to do some more editing of the video clips. Thanks Mary for the suggestion about Photoshop CC. I am on CS5 at present, and trying to put off the day when I have to start paying monthly! But as I use it for my still images anyway it would be a neat solution.

Happy New Year to all,

• 1 year later...