WnSoft Forums

(SOLVED) SAME PROBLEM- Please help!

PeteFine

Thanks to all who tried to suggest solutions but this is happening again. I have literally tried everything.

I have a .pte file that I corrected some crossfades (audio) and inserted new photos into. It plays correctly when I play iy in PTE. But whenever I publish that file as a DVD, using the built-in Video Builder, the DVD uses the audio track that has errors- an older version of the audio, it seems.

I tried deleting all my audio clips and saving the file with no audio, the reinserting the clips, and saving the new file under a different name. Again, watching it in PTE everything is fine.and everything is fine. But, again, when I publish the DVD, it plays with the old audio track with the same errors I already corrected!

I have also published as an MP4 file and tried another program, DVD Flick, to create a DVD- same problem!

Igor, I don't know if I can really send all the photos and audio files- it's pretty huge. There has to be some explanation.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yachtman,

I renamed the pte, and saved, after making the corrections. I then published the DVD. I have actually done this twice so I have 3 pte files now. All three pte files (with different names) all play perfectly when I watch them in the program. But every DVD published from them has none of the audio corrections.

Thanks...

I only have one file with that name. I have searched my drive. I have older versions but they have a different name- X1.pte, X2.pte X3.pte.......

If it helps, here are the problems in detail-

Problem 1- two songs with about a 3 second crossfade play perfectly in pte. The DVD burned has the first song with about 5 seconds of it's ending chopped off and the next song immediately starting at full volume.

Problem 2- two songs with one starting a second after the first has ended. In the DVD there is about a 5 second space between them.

Again,

I know how to fix these problems in the audio track and I've done it multiple times, but every DVD still has them.

Bear in mind that I use other programs like NERO, Cool Edit Pro, etc (all audio programs) and I am very well versed on audio processing.. Also understand that there are no video clips in this file- nothing that has any audio "attached" to it.

greyspider,

Your 1st comment:

"I have a .pte file that I corrected some crossfades (audio) and inserted new photos into."

I read your first report of this same issue.

Are you also using the same (previous) PTE project file to create this current project by replacing the images and music ?

Or is this a completely new project file created from scratch ?

*Because the first report had somewhat the same issues and you were unsure how you fixed it ... and now again you are having the same type problem.

Yes- that would sound confusing so let me explain. I thought I had fixed it but it still had problems.This the same pte ,saved with a new file name, with added photos, and adjusted crossfades of the audio- basically a new file.

If it did not play correctly when I just watch it in pte I could easily fix it. I am hoping someone can explain how a DVD burnt from a pte file can be different than the same pte played on the computer.

greyspider,

Do you have Project Options | Advanced | Syncronize Soundtrack and Slides enabled or disabled ?

EXE can playback slides and music differently depending on its playback settings and other options used.

DVD and Video has a single playback timeline when produced ... the only playback control is thru the players video controls the equipment offers.

* If you cannot upload your whole project to an external site for review ... at least attach just the .pte project file to this forum for review. The file's internal settings and parameters you are using may reveal the issue.

Not sure I understand. I can certainly send a few of the photos (jpegs) but the problems are not anything to do with the photos- they are both audio problems, as I described. Early on in this project I swapped photos at the point in time where the audio glitches were happening and that did not fix it, so the difference in the audio between playing the pte and playing the DVD can't be "attached" to any photos.

I hope i've explained the problem clearly.

Bear i mind that this is the 3rd large project that i've created in pte. The last one had several videos as well. However, this is the first one that contains more than 2 audio clips and crossfades.

I appreciate you sticking with me, mortals!

I am hoping that someone can explain this as a Windows or DVD burning (video builder) problem, not a pte problem per se. It seems to me that whenever I create the DVD, an older audio file stored somewhere on my drive is being accessed insterad of the audio track that is in the project, which contains the corrections. After all, if it is a photo problem, Project Options issue, etc. why would the pte file audio track play correctly on my computer? It should have the same unresolved problems whether I play it in pte, or DVD.

To my certain knowledge the forum accepts files with extensions of .zip, .jpg and .pdf. It may accept others but those are the ones I have used successfully myself.

I've never heard of .rar. Perhaps the file format is the problem as far as being able to upload it to the forum is concerned.

Peter

The rar is another zipping format and whilst totally unnecessary should upload here in advanced options. I have seen it here before.

The Windows zip sometimes becomes unavailable when something like rar is installed and then has to be re-installed. Check "right click/new/compressed zip folder".