WnSoft Forums

(SOLVED) SAME PROBLEM- Please help!

PeteFine

greyspider,

I can certainly send a few of the photos (jpegs) but the problems are not anything to do with the photos- they are both audio problems, as I

described. Early on in this project I swapped photos at the point in time where the audio glitches were happening and that did not fix it, so the

difference in the audio between playing the pte and playing the DVD can't be "attached" to any photos

To fully investigate your issue its important to have the full project (including all resource files) to review. Again ... it may or may not be possible to find the issue from just the .pte file.

It seems to me that whenever I create the DVD, an older audio file stored somewhere on my drive is being accessed insterad of the audio track

that is in the project, which contains the corrections.

Its easy to test your suspicions ... temporarily delete/move/or rename the sound files that you question (outside of PTE of course.) The PTE project will not use or find them to process. That should resolve one step in the trouble-shooting.

Another test would be create a Backup in ZIP using PTE function. This will collect all the resource files that are used in the project. You can inspect the contents and verify what should and should not be included in way of sound files.

As for RAR files :

Try Windows ZIP function to package your file to post on forum. RAR seems to be and excluded format from my tests.

PTE Version :

What is your version and build of PTE ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For Jpegs read screen shots/captures of the errors, PTE set up screens etc.

Yachtsman1.

I do not understand this reply-..... yachtsman- I appreciate you trying to help me but you keep implying that my problem has something to do with the JPegs or setup.

My problem is that THE AUDIO TRACK I CAN SEE AND HEAR while playing the slideshow in pte IS DIFFERENT than the audio I hear on the DVD.

I see nothing in the Video Builder screen, or options, that allows me to choose which audio file it is using when burning the DVD.

The project (pte file) that shows at the bottom of the screen when I publish is the correct file but the audio on the finished DVDis from a previous version.

I don't know how to make this any clearer.

Guest Yachtsman1

I do not understand this reply-..... yachtsman- I appreciate you trying to help me but you keep implying that my problem has something to do with the JPegs or setup.

My problem is that THE AUDIO TRACK I CAN SEE AND HEAR while playing the slideshow in pte IS DIFFERENT than the audio I hear on the DVD.

I see nothing in the Video Builder screen, or options, that allows me to choose which audio file it is using when burning the DVD.

The project (pte file) that shows at the bottom of the screen when I publish is the correct file but the audio on the finished DVDis from a previous version.

I don't know how to make this any clearer.

Right for the last time, post screen captures of the error messages, if you aren't prepared to do that you are on your own.

Yachtsman1.

Greyspider,

PLEASE follow instructions carefully:

1. Open your project

2. Go to File / Create Backup in ZIP

3. You will probably find that this file is BIG.

4. If you can possibly do it, reduce the number of images and Audio Files in the project to the MINIMUM required to show the problem.

5. Repeat the Create Backup in ZIP Process and upload to MediaFire or DropBox.

Your ZIP file above is unopenable on my PC and a .pte file will NOT show your problem.

DG

Ok- I have uploaded the project, as per your instructions, to Dropbox, named New Version. The two errors whenever I burn a DVD occur at:

1- about 9 minutes in- after Blue Danube Waltz ends, there as a long pause before the next song , Just a Closer Walk, begins.

2- about 11 minutes 30 seconds in- the song Just a Closer Walk gets chopped of about 5 seconds from the end and Blue Spanish Eyes starts.

This ONLY happens in the DVD- in the file I sent you everything will play perfectly.

Before someone asks me the obvious question... I did delete the song Just a Closer Look, saved the project, then added it back with a new filename, and even saved the pte project with a new filename, before sending this to you, just to "try everything".

here is the link-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9edeump4kuqetbm/New%20Version_Nov17-2014_10-16-28.zip?dl=0

I will be deeply grateful if anyone can find something embedded in there that explains it.

I have downloaded the ZIP File.

I have opened the project and made an ISO File, which I will play tomorrow (too late now).

Looking at the Timeline on my PC one thing is obvious - The waveform shows a gap between Blue Danube and Just a Closer Walk. However, audibly there is no gap.

My suspicion is that it has something to do with the types of audio files being used.

Maybe the MP3 files are Variable Bit Rate (VBR) and they should be Constant Bit Rate (CBR)??

Someone else might jump in overnight - if not I will continue tomorrow.

DG

Greyspider,

I took a look at your show.

I think there is something going wrong with your audio files. I took a look where you have the Spanish Eyes mp3 playing in Track 1. I noticed that the song plays past where you see the actual ending of the sound wave.

I opened that mp3 in Audiacity and exported it. I put that version in Track 2, just below your original Spanish Eyes. So both start at the same point in the show. If I mute my version of Spanish Eyes in Track 2, your version plays past the ending of where you see the audio wave stops. Strange.

So I muted Track 1 and played only my Audacity version and the Spanish Eyes stops playing at the actual end of the sound wave.

I would pass all of your audio files through Audacity, export them, and bring them back into your PTE show. There seems to be something going on with your sound files.

I notice too, at the end of your Blue Daubje audio file, the music continues past the end of its sound wave, where you would expect silence.

Gary

post-1794-0-09168200-1416264316_thumb.jp

OK- I see what you are seeing. A couple od songs actually play past the visible sound wave. This is totally unexplainable. Pte is actually displaying a "compressed" waveform (not to be confused with compression as in audio processing) but playing as if the waveform was the correct length. ?????

The sound files were downloaded from Amazon as mp3s, edited a bit and saved as mp3pro in Cool Edit
Pro, then dragged to the timeline.

You have made your show work with the vbr files.

When you create the DVD the programme is converting them into cbr.

That's a guess.

So on the DVD - what you see is what you get.

Convert all of the audio files to cbr, trim off the silence(s), re-adjust your fades and you should be ok.

DG

P.S. Change your mp3 setting in Cooledit to get a cbr output.

I appreciate the suggestion but I just opened the current audio clips in Cool Edit Pro and they are in mp3 CBR format. Therefore there must be another explanation. I want to reiterate something in hopes someone smarter than me will use it as a clue.

The second "glitch" where a song is getting chopped off and the next song beginning, is still there, even though I moved the second song to start a little later. It is EXACTLY the same problem- in other words it is as if I never made the change. Again, it seems like the DVD builder is accessing a previous version of the audio track.

I can now see why the duration of the "Blue Danube" track seemed to have a long silence after the waveform.

The Duration Parameter had been extended to create extra silence.

However, that did not account for the fact the the track appeared to play when the waveform was showing silence.

DG

Ha! Yes, I thought of doing that- thank you. But the whole problem IS THE DVD. I can fix it any number of ways in pte- that playback has never been an issue.

i'll try it, burn a DVD, and let you know.

Pete

Ok, I took each alternate audio clip and transferred to a second audio track, as you did with Blue Danube, so no two consecutive songs shared the same track. Played beautifully in pte.

Burned a DVD- even worse problems now. There is about a 10 second space between the 2nd and 3rd song on the DVD now, even though it looks fine, and plays fine in pte.

This is getting very frustrating.

After burning the DVd I went back and checked the pte file- there is now a long blank space at the end of the clip but, again, it plays as if there was still a waveform there. I could swear that this changed after I burned the DVD- I don't think it looked like that before.

I must be driving some of you nuts. Sorry!

I work with audio all the time. This is totally baffling. pte is a very easy to use and straightforward program. Why would a DVD burnt with it not be an exact duplicate of what is played in the program?

Greyspider,

Having carefully read and digested this entire thread, I think some clues might have been overlooked. In Gary's post showing the MediaInfo data, one version of the sound file (yours) is clearly showing as VBR at 22.05Khz Sample rate and the other (his) is showing as CBR at the same Sample rate and at 48Kbps Bit Rate.

There have been problems reported on this forum in the past when using VBR MP3 files. There have been problems reported in the past when using 22.05KHz Sample Rate.

As an aside, 48Kbps Bit Rate is an MP3 quality level that is suitable only for Voice. The minimum Bit Rate for music is generally accepted as being 128Kbps. Many AV workers prefer to use 192, 256 or even 320Kbps Bit Rate for MP3.

Whichever way I look at that MediaInfo data it tells me that these MP3 files are not, in anyway, "standard" music files. I would strongly recommend re-acquiring these files as CBR, 44.1KHz Sample rate (which is CD standard), and at least 128Kbps.

One final point, MP3 format should be regarded as a "point of delivery" format and not as a working format. It is a Lossy compression and every save compresses the already compressed data. Thus the "total loss" builds up steadily. If you are looking for the best possible quality of audio, use WAV files as the input to PTE. Then, in the Project Options > Audio tab, tick the box to have PTE Convert tracks to MP3 for the EXE. That is to say, make the conversion to MP3 the very last act and have it happen just the once.

Peter

After burning the DVd I went back and checked the pte file- there is now a long blank space at the end of the clip but, again, it plays as if there was still a waveform there. I could swear that this changed after I burned the DVD- I don't think it looked like that before.

I must be driving some of you nuts. Sorry!

I work with audio all the time. This is totally baffling. pte is a very easy to use and straightforward program. Why would a DVD burnt with it not be an exact duplicate of what is played in the program?

See post #41. This suggests that our earlier references to cbr vs vbr had some substance.

I think that you should rebuild the audio tracks. Peter's suggestion of converting the tracks to wav would eliminate the vbr problem.

DG