WnSoft Forums

Audacity Transport Function

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

As things are quiet on here I've been making the odd visit to the Audacity forum. There was a question on there I thought I had the answer for concerning USB connected mikes. I started using USB mikes a few years ago & found if I didn't plug in the mike before opening Audacity, It was difficult to find once opened. Someone on the Audacity forum was having the same problem so I gave them my solution, which they came back & thanked me for. I tagged the thread & today, one of the regular experts added that the same thing could be done with the transport function. In my 6 years of using Audacity I never used the transport function, which is on the top info bar on the current version, how long it's been there I don't know. Anyway, if you forget to plug in your USB mike before opening Audacity, go to Transport, scroll down to Rescan Audio Devices & select your USB mike or any other USB devise. :rolleyes:

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-94380700-1416785593_thumb.jp