WnSoft Forums

Projected Image shuddering

Hello

My friend and I have exactly the same model Asus laptop. When I run a sequence on mine, during some animations I get shuddering on the projected image which doesn't show up on my laptop screen. When running the same sequence on my friend's it runs smoothly on both the laptop image and the projected image. We have checked that the graphics card and settings are the same and checked the refresh rate. The only difference I can see is, being the same model, they are both supposed to be 1600x900 screen resolution but mine is 1920x1080 although when I change mine to 1600x900 or to 1400x1050 which is the projector resolution it makes no difference and still shudders.

I'm now at my wits end. Can anyone out there help?

Maggie,

Try shutting off the laptop display when sending the video card output to the projector. This has been known to "resolve" the issue for some users.

Do both laptops have the same amount of native RAM on the graphics card?

Do both laptops have the same amount of main memory RAM?

Are both laptops running exactly the same other programs - i.e. are they making exactly the same demand for memory, CPU and graphics? For example: do you both use the same anti-virus software? Do you have exactly the same software updates applied?

It is very, very difficult to make exact comparisons between personal computers because each person will have set up their systems differently; each person's hard drive will have fragmented differently.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Maggie

The shuddering could be shimmering which is commonly known as moire. This usually happens with pictures of water, leaves & brick structures. What size in pixels & type of image is "shuddering". Have you tried the "Sharper/Smoother" setting in PTE O&A Properties tab? See screen shots.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-02276300-1417372720_thumb.jppost-5560-0-06982200-1417372730_thumb.jp