WnSoft Forums

(SOLVED) pictures toexe stopped working

hist101

I had a slide show that ran when I clicked preview yesterday. Today, I tried to update it and run a preview and nothing worked. It froze. There was no error message. Just a frozen screen. I tried to publish the slide show and got the message attached. I have no idea what it means. Should I remove the info in the app data file?

I tried to make a new very basic slide show, and dragged in three slides, and that did not work either on preview or publishing. It froze.

I have run my antimalware software, and it found nothing. I ran my antivirus software as a back up and all was fine.

I am using version 8.0.10. I have Windows 7 64 bit with 16mgb ram which has always worked before.

Should I download the program again? If so, should it be this version since this is now giving me trouble?

Up to now, it has been a wonderful always working program.

post-12549-0-57777100-1419094932_thumb.j

While I have been waiting for a reply, I downloaded a new Picturestoexe from your site and have the same results. Is there somewhere where I can go and get old version 8 deluxe downloads to see if this is specific to this version. ? I know where I can get old versions 7 and below.

I noticed that I am not the only one to have this problem in this forum.

I am getting a bit desperate so I also changed to a different antivirus program thinking that there might be something in the last update that was causing the problem. , but I am having the same results. I do not know how to roll back the last Microsoft update. Have you found that to be a problem for anyone?

I have been using this for years and never had a problem before.

because this is frustrating me, I went back to an external disk and found a copy of version 7.5 and beta 16. I tied both of these on the same computer and found that they worked. Therefore, I believe that there must be something in version 8.0.10 that is causing the machine to freeze when trying to run preview

\

I still would like a link to an earlier version of deluxe 8 before 8.0.10.

Guest Yachtsman1

because this is frustrating me, I went back to an external disk and found a copy of version 7.5 and beta 16. I tied both of these on the same computer and found that they worked. Therefore, I believe that there must be something in version 8.0.10 that is causing the machine to freeze when trying to run preview

\

I still would like a link to an earlier version of deluxe 8 before 8.0.10.

Go to the Wnsoft web site & there are (were) links to :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: earlier versions on there. However, I have used the latest version without problems.

Yachtsman1.

Since checked myself & the link to earlier versions have disappeared, why???

Yachtsman1.

I have Topaz software.. I have removed the problem update and Topaz works fine. It is just PicturesToExe that does not. This problem came later than the Topaz problem so it is not the same update. I am not sure how to determine which update it might be if it is a Windows update. I would assume Igor and associates would be better at that than I am.

Yes, I want the earlier 8 version. whatever before the 8.0.10.I like some of the things that came with version 8 Where can I find that?

Since you mentioned the Topaz problem, I went back and found how they successfully solved the problem - the steps I followed to do the same. I then decided to try to see if it might have been a similar problem. I deleted the Microsoft Security Essentials updates back to 12/11. I rebooted. and tried again and it is still frozen.

Hello,

I apologize for this problem!

It seems that your antivirus software has locked PicturesToExe's file "PteViewer5.exe".

Try to check this file manually with your antivirus:

If you have 32-bit version of Windows:

C:\Program Files\WnSoft PicturesToExe\8.0\Main\

If 64-bit:

C:\Program Files (x86)\WnSoft PicturesToExe\8.0\Main\

My version of Microsoft Security Essentials doesn't find any problem with this file. And PicturesToExe 8.0.10 can create EXE shows and run preview.

If you have other antivirus or security software, please disable them temporarily.

P.S. Try also install PicturesToExe 8.0.10 into a new folder. For example:

C:\Program Files\WnSoft PicturesToExe\8.0temp\

Thank you. Everything now works. It runs in preview and creates a video. It works with my antivirus software. I appreciate your response with the definitive answer to the problem.

I just tried to eliminate Microsoft Security updates as it was suggested in earlier responses that it possibly could be a problem that was the same or similar to that Topaz had earlier this month. They discovered it was a MSE update problem. I had no idea if they were a source of the problem.

The Antivirus software I was using when everything froze was Avast, in case that makes some difference to others. I had changed my antivirus software to another company before you identified the cause. so I do not know if it would again be a problem. I had also downloaded a new copy of PictureToexe, but not to a new folder, So putting a new copy in another folder was probably the answer at this time.

I love your product and wish I was more proficient with it as I see others doing most interesting things with it.

Thank you again. Your company is great.