WnSoft Forums

Back to the start

Captain America

When I'm editing a show in P2E and doing a manual image-to-sound track sync, I have to do several adjustments on each slide to get the timing eactly right. I have to constantly "rewind" the show to slide one and playback to review how each adjustment plays out. This isn't a problem for the first 30 to 60 seconds but as the show grows longer, past 2 minutes or more, it becomes very tiresome to have to repeat this rewind-playback process over and over 30 or 40 times per editing session. Other slide show creation programs (ProShow for example) have a linear window where all the images in the show are dropped in, in sequence, from a thumbnail view. Then you can click a playback point anywhere on the assembled show and start the playback from that point on. This makes editing each sync and transition so much easier since there is no need to constantly rewind to the start each time.

Question: Is there a way to do a playback from a selected point in a P2E show to eliminate the need to rewind from the start? Will the creators of P2E put in a thumbnail display of the images in a folder to make selection more intuitive by a drag-n-drop? Overall, the time management options in P2E are excellent but the rewinding/playback issue is a real pain. I welcome any and all responses.

You can do exactly that. That is what is so great about release 3.80.

When you have made your timing changes, press PLAY on the synch bar, yes it starts at zero, but move the scroll bar to where you want to check a change and click on the time line, the music and review skips right to there.

Don't hit STOP, hit PAUSE and you can skip around forever clicking on the timeline and adjust to your heart's content.

The odd time you will overload the software, no problem hit STOP and repeat above.

SMOOTH>>>>>>>>>>>

Jim Robertson