WnSoft Forums

The next most important features

Igor

Hi Al,

Thats the general idea, but if you decide to stop in mid session you would need to have the table reload with the last settings. Or start all over again. Perhaps the info could be part of the .pte file,

Alan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have already said it in the other thread as I hadn't seen this one which is more appropriate. So, for me:

- light table with 'drag and drop' sorting of the images (the order being reflected in the order of the slide list)

- soundtrack in wave form

That's all for me (sorry if this isn't original!)

Hello Igor,

I've been a registered user of PTE for around 3 years and am highly appreciative of this software. I'm a member of several photography forums and often "plug" your software to other users. I like the programs flexibility. It doesn't assume I'm a total idiot as much of the new Windows software does. Of recent times, I also produce non-professional DVD productions for non PC oriented family members (I've always been the family photographer since a small child)...now I'm just an old "far..." with too much free time on my hands. I definitely use your new PTE avi capabilities too create DVD versions of your slideshows with excellent results. I will now plug another useful software package DVD-Lab at:

DVDlab

DVDlab is strictly DVD authoring software. Oscar, the fellow that authors this software, must be your brother as his style of software is similar to yours. Highly flexible and assumes I'm not a total dummy. One last plug before my suggestions. Over the years I've digitized my entire LP phono collection and used GoldWave audio software produced by a small company in Canada. I occasionally use it for cropping and fading background music for PTE shows. I consider it to be the best out there. It's an excellent audio editor and can be located at:

GoldWave

My Suggestions:

1.) Occasionally I like to set my own timing on various slides, but most often I chose to let PTE fit the entire slide show to the background music. I would like the ability to set "custom" timing on a few slides but then have PTE automatically fit the timing to the remaining "uncustomized" slides. This may be possible now and I've just not figured out how to do it.

2.) The most compatible video format for the Windows environment is MPEG-1. It would be nice to integrate an MPEG-1 movie clip within a slideshow. Of course this would require an integrated video player for the standalone PTE (exe) slideshow that is not dependent on a Windows player, much like your audio player.

3.) A pan/zoom on slides feature would be nice but I can appreciate the complication of panning a photo, selecting the pan route and pan window size. Although some of your competitors claim to have this feature, those I've tested so far "ain't no good". A simple? zoom in or out from the center of a photo would be a nice alternative.

Just suggestions...I love your software...continue to keep up the excellent work...and I may be a dummy but don't try to make your software for dummies and try to second guess what I'm trying to do...

Sincerely,

Ken

..... Perhaps the info could be part of the .pte file.

Alan,

That's the way I see it working. As an option, perhaps, the light table could be designed to take the slide list from PTE, and one would work on that, to rearrange the images, and the results would automatically be picked up in the script file for PTE so that in the next session one would start where one left off in the previous one.

In other words, it would work the same way as now, where the slide list "remembers" the slide selections and order from the previous session and is used as a starting point for the next session.

It would be handy if one could add slides from the various folders to either the slide list or the light table, but they would both "feed" into the PTE project file script.

That wouls be a hum dingger of a slidetable Al! It would also need to track the file paths, so if a file is moved you have a path to put it back. like the file error notice at start up.

Alan

Alan,

We have the same situation now with the slide list. It would be nice to track the files if moved, but I am not sure how this would be accomplished.

What I am thinking of is really nothing different from what we have now in PTE where we have to save the project file to "register" any changes in the slide order. And if we subsequently move a file to a different folder, well, the PTE project file will only still function if the slide is in the same directory. The same would hold true for the light-table view. It would really be just a different "view" of the same slide list we have now.

I have been a learner in this forum rather than a contributor, so maybe I don't have the right to offer suggestions, but my wish list woud be:

1) Dark table (actually, everything that Al's Adjustor does) built into PTE

2) The ability to be able to put more than 1 slide up at a time. I realize it can be done by creating images in Photoshop, but the ability to put up multiple slides in PTE would be fantastic

3) Zoom effect

John L

Al,

just to clarify, I ment to say that the table would alert you that say D:Pictures/my show/ 005.jpg is missing this would allow you to restore rhe file to this location. This now hapens when you open P2E so it shoule be possible to have it hapen when you open the table.

Alan

On the placement of Objects. I think it would be nice to have an X Y at the top of the editor.

where we could enter our own x and y number and know the location it is going to be.

I also think opening a spreadsheet like information of the slides that we could edit

would also be nice. Like (Al's ajuster)

And I would like to be able to pick the location of my Templet folder. This way when I upgrade.

I could just point to my Default location that already has all my templets in it.

cc

1. Seperate movable area to sort pictures with ability to show file names and to add blank rows or individual places.

2. Ability to zoom or pan individual pictures smoothly with control of in and out splines

3. The ability to have different fade in and out transition times. This would enhance use of the third image and possibly the use of different blending modes (like Photoshop).

I have been a learner in this forum rather than a contributor, so maybe I don't have the right to offer suggestions...  (johndigi)

John, you have exactly the same rights of all other members of this forum!

just to clarify, I ment to say that the table would alert you that say D:Pictures/my show/ 005.jpg is missing this would allow you to restore rhe file to this location.

Alan,

I think I understand now what you were saying - it takes a while to sink in sometimes! :rolleyes: And, I agree with you 100% :)

Geez, I go away three days and look at forum !!!! ;)

Igor:, I know you printed the thread, but I would like to be a voice in the wilderness and add one more:

OBJECTS that don't move with changes in resolutions. The solution of putting an invisible gif in each corner has solved it somewhat, but just plain MOVE RELATRIVELY ;);) would be great.

thx

EDIT: Don't use invisible GIF, I goofed - use TEXT OBJECTS with a couple of blanks in them

(Thx Alrobin ! ;) )

Thanks for asking! I know you've printed but perhaps some more thoughts to assist...

I mostly agree with Richard's #2 and #3, namely

2. Ability to zoom or (I'd say and) pan individual pictures smoothly with control of in and out splines (the sometimes-called Ken Burns effects)

3. The ability to have different fade in and out transition times. This would enhance use of the third image and possibly the use of different blending modes (like Photoshop). I would add to this the request that the images can overlap (natively - within PTE not done from PS or another editor): e.g. I can have a timeline like: image 1 is fading in for 1s, stays on the screen at locn 0,0 for 6s, then fades out for 1s; image 2 fades in 3s after image 1 starts, stays for 8s at locn 100,100, then fades for 2s; etc.

...which brings me to the point I'd add: 1. A timeline view where images and their transition-in time, on-screen time, and transition-out time is visually represented. Since from #3 above multiple images can be on the screen at once, more than one "line" would need to be available (though not many needed - perhaps 3-4). Another "line" could show the background music (as a waveform of course :-), while another could show the individual slide's specific sound track (as waveform).

Thanks

Robert

Robert

I have read and re-read your #3 but. if I understand what you are saying. the facility is already there by using "Customize Slide" and judicious use of prepared images in Photoshop.

Ron [uK]