WnSoft Forums

The next most important features

Igor

2) The ability to be able to put more than 1 slide up at a time. I realize it can be done by creating images in Photoshop, but the ability to put up multiple slides in PTE would be fantastic

John,

Your second wish is feasible today in PTE by adding two or more images in the "Object Editor". :)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Seperate movable area to sort pictures with ability to show file names and to add blank rows or individual places.

2. Ability to zoom or pan individual pictures smoothly with control of in and out splines

3. The ability to have different fade in and out transition times. This would enhance use of the third image and possibly the use of different blending modes (like Photoshop).

Richard,

I, too, second your third request! :)

This would give a lot of flexibility and control to PTE, and make it capable of some nice effects already available to traditional AV makers. True, they can be "fudged" in Photoshop, but not without a lot of effort. And, with the current requirement for large delays between consecutive transitions, different-speed pc's will display them differently.

In conjunction with this ability, I believe that a capability for tighter transitions would also be very useful (i.e. transitions which start immediately after completion of the previous ones).

Yes, that's one solution. I wondered how long it would be before someone came up with a "dissolve" unit for two digital projectors! And, maybe this is the only practical way to accomplish this.

By the way, the fade representation looks very similar to that for the Arion slide-projector controller.

I am a frequent visitor to the forum, but not often a contributor. I'm always looking for some new tidbit of advise or information. You guys never dissappoint! This discussion is the perfect example of what makes this program the best!

My wish list of 3 changes/upgrades for the next version would be:

1. Light Table

2. Pan & Zoom

3. Have the ability to make the background stationary while using the push effect. I would like to be able to choose if the background was stationary or moved between slides. I use it now with the moving background and will continue to have a use for that feature. The stationary background with a moving slide would enable me to make scrolling text, say for credits. Of course to use the stationary background, the background would have to be the same on both slides.

I am not a programmer and am not sure what is reasonable to expect. I do know that I did not expect the awesome amount of upgrades and advances that has been made to P2E since I bought my copy! Even if none of this makes it to the next version I am still very happy with what I have.

Thanks

Mike

One of my wants was the ability to sort images on a light box type scenario and then rename them as a sorted group of images.

It is not so important for me now since the Photoshop CS browser can do this, but others would find this very usefull.

Can you take the default tick out of the repeat music after playing option in the music tab. Those that want this option can add the tick, but I never have yet and it is a pain when you forget to remove it.

Is it possible to pause a transition (fade) for a second or two before it continues the transition to complete.

For real beginners the sizing of images still causes them real grief, is there a way to have PTE size images automatically for those who want it.

bbdigital

2) The ability to be able to put more than 1 slide up at a time. I realize it can be done by creating images in Photoshop, but the ability to put up multiple slides in PTE would be fantastic

John,

Your second wish is feasible today in PTE by adding two or more images in the "Object Editor". :)

Thanks, Al. I guess I wasn't specific enough. I meant I would like the ability to have 2 slides up at the same time and being able to fade them independently. For example, slide A is on the screen, then slide B fades in to the right of Slide A. Then Slide C replaces Slide A or even elsewhere on the screen. I can do it by making multiple images in Photoshop, but it would be really cool to do it within PTE.

John L

Tons of great ideas here.

My preference would be basic usability updates that I think would help novice and pro alike:

1. Provide ability to modify/remove/move multiple slides in a show (don't care if this is done via a "light table" UI, or in the existing list UI). If modifying multiple slides is complex, starting w/just the ability to remove or move groups of slides would be a great start.

2. Provide ability to resize images in the object editor, preferably via the mouse, and provide both constrained resize (preserve aspect ratio) and free resize. Constrained resize should be the default.

3. Move the "Remove Slide" and "Clear List" buttons to the right away from the "Add," "Customize Slide" and "Object Editor" buttons. "Remove Slide" and "Clear List" are destructive actions, and should be separated. In particular, the "Remove Slide" button is dangerous as it doesn't have a confirmation dialog and PTE doesn't provide any undo. It should be removed from an area where a lot of clickin' is going on during show development.

Thanks for asking, Igor. You're the best. :D

Dana

I have read and re-read your #3 but. if I understand what you are saying. the facility is already there by using "Customize Slide" and judicious use of prepared images in Photoshop.

Sorry Ron, I probably wasn't explicit enough. John's already answered it in the same way: I mean having multiple (not just 2!) slides, which can each be faded/moved/transitioned independently, on the screen at the same time. It is possible to do now by lots of photoshopping, but with new transitions (like pan and zoom? :-), it will get increasingly difficult to do what should be pretty simple (simple as in people with two or more projectors have been doing it for years!).

I'm particularly interested in this feature as there are a lot of people in the camera club who refuse to move from trad AVs to digital AVs; either they don't want to learn a program and interface that has no future but is really good (GlobFX Composer), or they don't see the shows having the quality (ProShow) and/or multi-slide feature (almost all including PTE! GlobFX has it).

Robert

A whole range of wants has been expressed which should keep Igor busy for quite a while.

I would reinforce the wish already made (I think) to improve the use of the Timeline so that slides can be moved in groups and timings/effects adjusted right there - as Al's Adjustor model. Can thie Timeline be made to remain on screen during show assembly? Shuttling between this and the main screen becomes tiresome when a lot of adjustments need to be made to a show!

Also I would strongly support the movement of the slide image only in 'push & slide ' transitions, leaving the background stationary (thanks for bringing this up again Mike).

Whatever you choose to add to this mighty programme will be gratefully accepted by all I'm sure.

Thanks Igor

Den (NEast UK)

Great job Igor and all who helped

Thanks for the pause option

I can't think of much to add to the next version as all above would

be great, but a lot of work. I hope the fade to desktop option will work

on a single picture--fade in and fade out on one picture.

Thanks for a great product.

Granot, you can already do this in "Comments" pane (Project options). If you choose "Slide number" in "Set comments for all slides" you'll see the slide number, and you can set the font type, style, size, color, the shadow color and size, and the number position.

O' La La, ... I think its at least few years there and I didn't see it.

Or may be I become old and senile ? :(

I wanted so many times to ask members about specific picture but some shows are so long I can't see them again just to find the slide. I wish all will put a mini small number at the corner.

Dear Granot, seeing your last excellent utililities I think you are not becoming "old and senile"... The fact is that PTE has now an impressive number of features and options, so that it's very difficult to remember all !

Igor - this is why I love this software! Everyone gets to contribute :D

I like all the suggestions so far.. so will keep quiet(ish) for now, but would love to be able to move and copy wholesale areas of presentations (keeping the slide formats etc.) to different parts of the time-line. (may be this is what the 'dark :ph34r: table' is for - pardon my ignorance on this - not tried it yet).

This would be excellent for repeating parts of presentations (cloning) esp when repeating choruses in song connected images ;0)

Well done and thank you!

J B) G

My suggested improvement would be a better file manager

The ability to right click and delete an image from the source folder would be great for keeping tabs on the pics you know you no longer need. To be able to import images from other folders might also be good unless I have missed something you need to use a file manager to transfer additional files which were not initially selected.

I do recall DOS program which compressed exe files making them roughly half the size. Something like this for windows either external or built in might be helpful for users wanting to email or upload their work.

Cheers

P

To be able to import images from other folders might also be good unless I have missed something you need to use a file manager to transfer additional files which were not initially selected.

This part you can do as it now is. In pte you can use the file window to access photo files from any and every folder on your hard drive. Then select only the ones you want into the slide window. The slide window will show them from all the original locations. Then, when you want, you can use the PTE Template feature to make copy of all your files, sound and photos, into one folder. There are many other work flows, but it is a very useful way to conlude your show and know all the files you used are now copied into one location/folder.

Excuse my long absence, just I've fully absorbed in work on new features :) The main task is light table view. And many another your great ideas which I've added to the todo list. This light table view (or thumbnailer view) should be available for file panel and slide list with full functions. The old view, of course, also will be possible, as usually.

I think we'll discuss view of light table once again after a time, to make it as it maximally possible in best view.

:o Don't know if this was suggested buy this is mine.

Mr. Igor:

could you for a new effect develope a very smooth push in and push out and pan to left and pan to the right.

I have seen this already and I must say it is good and adds some illusion of motion to the picure.

AND: what about some day capturing video.

Harry

I also want to have ideally smooth push effect, but it's difficult technically. Probably one solution for us it's to making of DirectX based engine. So we're continiously researching all variants and solutions.

In v4.20 we've finally made really smooth Fade effect (in 2,5 times with opt_FastFade=1) on any PC and I hope there is some solution and for reaching of smooth Push effect.