WnSoft Forums

Stereo in Timeline

Hi Igor.

Regarding Tom's question, about audio balance, I wonder if PTE saves stereos channels separately, would not be possible, to have the OPTION of seeing the two in Timeline view and modify its envelope separately?.

MUR

I'm not sure that this feature will be highly requested.

Audio timeline should display several tracks, the main window also shows the mini-player, file tree and file list. There is a lack of space. Also PicturesToExe is not audio editor. We don't want to compete with professional audio editors.

In the most situations the mixed audio waveform is enough to create AV shows.

I'm not sure that this feature will be highly requested.

Audio timeline should display several tracks, the main window also shows the mini-player, file tree and file list. There is a lack of space. Also PicturesToExe is not audio editor. We don't want to compete with professional audio editors.

I fully agree.

May be a "cut" function will be useful, to be able to split a voice-over file and attach each extract to the right view, but I will never ask for much.

Since PTE is more like a 2.5D engine instead of 3D there is probably no need for full 3D spatial audio. I did recently watch a Google I/O of Google Virtual Reality / Cardboard and spatial audio was mentioned (25:40). The ability to walk inside an environment (Star Trek holo-deck) would be cool. Virtual Reality may be a simple add on to your smartphone.

Tom

Hi Igor,

Yes. I had a thought about z order keyframes that might help. Of course simple ideas are usually hard to implement in real life.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17949-z-order-keyframes/

Thanks,

Tom

• 1 month later...

Good day,

I am new to the forum. I do not like forums to be honest, but if this is the only way, here we go. I am a PTE user since version 5 I think, many moons ago ! I always prefer to see the stereo track and decided not to use the latest versions due to that shortcoming. Why see the stereo wav? Simply for synchronising. Very often in good stereo sample may contain a peak on either left or right channel, but when two channels are displayed as one, it is not possible to pinpoint the exact moment where that peak is. For me the most and best information display is two channels, and I wish Igor could bring this back. I understand his comments about the audio editing not being part of PTE. I also found and prefer to make use of the appropriate software (standalone) to fulfill that need i.e. for sound editing.

Thanks.

Andries

Guest Yachtsman1

From what I remember, there will be some changes in PTE's audio editing function with PTE9, I would second your suggestion.

Yachtsman1.