WnSoft Forums

Match a slide

Mike Reed

Hi All

Is anybody aware of software suitable for running a match a slide competition between two or more clubs.

In brief, for those unaware of such a comp. A limit of say 40 slides is set .

Team A project a slide 15 secs is then allowed for

Team B from their 40 to try and match it.

The judge says whether it is a match 1 point and awards another point to the best picture.

Towards the end of the 40 trying to persuade the judge that there is a match of some sort gets rather rowdy.

It is a great fun event.

We used to do it with slide projectors and light boxes for the 35mm slides (Remember them) now we want to go digital.

Mike Reed

Windlesham & Camberley C C

Mike,

PTE could be used.

Make a 40 Slide Menu "Home" Page with links to each of the 40 images/slides - one image per slide.

A thumbnail could be used for the link but you then have to (somehow) disable the projector or blank it while the decision is being made. Include a HOME Link on each slide to take you back to the menu.

Two Laptops, projectors and screens.

I made a Project for a normal Club Comp along those lines and it works very well.

DG

The following attached Style will satisfy the requirements of a "Match a Slide Competition" and can also be used in a General Competition.

It is optimised for 40 Images/Slides in a 16x9 Project with a numbered menu which includes thumbnails.

Add 40 (no more - no less) Images by dragging into the Slide List. The Images should all be no more than 1080 pixels high but can be any Aspect Ratio - the Menu Slide uses the full resolution images to create the Thumbnails and if the images are any bigger than 1080 pixels high problems might occur with some laptops with integrated Graphics Cards.

Import and apply the Style and run in Preview or create an EXE.

From the Menu click on a thumbnail to display the corresponding Image/Slide.

Click on the bottom left corner of the slide to return to the Menu.

If used in a General Competition the left and right mouse buttons are configured to display next and previous slides.

I have tried this on two different PCs and it works OK - if anyone can find any issues I will try to solve them - but it works for me.

Comp Menu.ptestyle

DG