WnSoft Forums

Transparent to Selection

I guess I have probably raised this before but don’t recall what, if any response it obtained but it is something that I find a constant and regular source of annoyance.

I would like it to be possible that every time I load an object into a slide it have the “transparent to selection” option selected.

I suspect that it must be the way I work but I can't recall ever finding a time when I would benefit from NOT having this selected quite the opposite. Clearly there must be some reason for this being the way that it is but I haven't found it. I’m not suggesting that this should be changed, too many people are used to how it has been for too long but I am suggesting that surely there could be an option controlled from preferences.

Any views?

Regards.

John

Hi John,

It's a feature not used by very many PTE users which is probably one reason why it's defaulted to off, but not the primary reason. For example, people frequently use frames, etc., as an invisible means of calling some action by mouse click. When Transparent to Selection is "on" for this object this feature would be defeated. Sometimes people confuse "Transparent to Selection" with "Ignore Objects Not Selected" which can be controlled via "Settings" "Preferences" "Editor".

The problem with having "Transparent to Selection" on as a default is how does one then determine which object is to be transparent to selection??

If it's on as a default then all objects would have to be transparent to selection and that would make a serious mess I think.

If you read the user guide on "Selection" it explains that this feature makes the object it is set for transparent or invisible to the selection mouse click. So for example if a frame covers a button, the button can be selected by mouse click even though it is covered by the other object. If the default were that everything were transparent to selection, one wouldn't be able to use any of the "click on this object and elicit some response" features.

Are you certain you are not confusing this feature with "Ignore Objects Not Selected?"

Best regards,

Lin