WnSoft Forums

Background Problem

RudiRe

Today, I saw the Jukebox for the first time on another monitor than my own, which is 800x600. The monitor I used today was 1280x1024.

I had to realize, that one thing did not work out the way, as I intendend.

I want the background on larger screen resolutions to have the same color, that exists within a slide in the Jukebox (black, a special blue, sometimes white and a yellow behind the final screen), so that users with any different screen resolution than 800x600 also get a Full-Screen-Feeling and don't see their desktops around the 800x600 presentation any more.

The whole Jukebox is made with objects settings set for framed mode 800x600 without frame, and I added to every slide a 100x100 colored gif for tiled background, which I was hoping would fill the background OUTSIDE the 800x600 presentation. This obviously did not work.

The problem is, that I do not have another monitor for screensize-test-resolution purposes at hand.

Does anybody have an idea, how the problem can be solved?

Or did I mark anything wrong in project options?

What do I have to do, to get the desired result?

RudiRe

Depending on the type of setup you made your show ...I dont believe you are going to be able to change the background color other users PCs desktop settings.

As a test .... check your own desktop color settings in your manager.

What ever color you or the user has selected as their personal choice background color ... is what is going to be displayed in the different screen size variations.

Ways to test easy is ... change your own resolution to 1280 x 1024 and run your 800x600 show ... what color do you see ?

RudiRe

I was hoping you could see first hand the differences various screen size setting may affect your Jukebox.

But when using any Windowed Mode settings ... your Show will reveal (display within) the current users pc background desktop choices .

Only by choosing a Full Screen Mode type show you can hide the current users pc desktop.

Since your Show is Windowed Mode, 800x600, and using multiple Objects ... your Shows final view within other screensizes will maintain your Objects original relative placement. If you made your Jukebox 800x600 Full screen ... you run the risk of your mulitple Objects being displaced. Grouping your Objects may correct this issue in alot of cases ... but not always. Since you cant test your Show at different Screensizes ... its hard to determine what Objects may become displaced.

So your left with making a choice ... hopefully the best one.

Guru and nobeefstu,

thank you for your insights.

I decided, to let the Jukebox as it is. The FullScreen Mode really causes trouble with all those many objects it contains, even when grouped.

The only thing I would be doing different in the next presentation, is designing an own frame for the framed mode, since I abominate those standard MS Winsows frames.

Rudi,

I set a black background for my slide shows so that when they are projected I get the most pleasing transitions between different-size (e.g. vertical and horizontal) images. When I resize the monitor, the black background still fills the screen.

I added a tiled background to one of my shows which uses 800 x 600 images. Even with my monitor set at 1280 x 1024, the tiles still fill the screen. I had to add the "background" to each image, though, in order to see the tiles.

I think your problem exists only when you are adding many objects to a single image. A solution might be to combine the objects in Photoshop first and compress to a single image so they do not scatter over the screen when the monitor is resized.

Re the ability to preview the impact of different screen settings, there is a "Preview in" option in "Object editor" mode for doing this. Don't know how effective this is, but it seems to change the size of the image on the screen when I change the settings. You can even set it to preview in a screen size larger than the one you are currently using.

Ciao,

Al