WnSoft Forums

iPad and Kingston Mobilelite

davegee

Anyone out there using a Kingston Mobilelite with an iPad??

I recently updated the Software and Hardware on both my iPad and my Kindle.

I have now found that MP4 Files will not STREAM properly from the Mobilelite to the iPad (Video great - NO SOUND). When transfered to the iPad via the Mobilelite they play with sound OK.

The same files will Stream from the Mobilelite to the Kindle with no problems - Video and Sound.

If anyone can test this I would be grateful.

DG

• 1 month later...

Ray,

I think that the "problem" began when I updated the iPad Software (OS).

It seems that I cannot (for whatever reason) hear the sound when playing an MP4 directly from the Mobilelite Software (wirelessly).

I have to transfer the MP4 to the iPad and then play it with Good Reader or similar.

With my Kindle it plays wirelessly from the Mobilelite unit with sound and no problems. At this stage I can only assume that it is the iPad OS which is causing the problem. However, I haven't spent a lot of time trying to solve it.

I was hoping that someone like yourself could test and report back - have you updated to the latest OS on the iPad and can you still play video with sound wirelessly from a USB key??

DG