WnSoft Forums

Border (Stroke) round a Mask

Hi Folks,

Perhaps this is presently possible and I've not been able to work it out yet! Equally perhaps nobody else would find this beneficial but here goes!

I would find it useful to be able to provide a border round a Mask. Quite regularly I use a Mask to show different areas of the same map on individual slides throughout a sequence. These are set alongside one or two other conventional images on the same slide each of which have had a border added in PTE. The alternative would be to crop individual portions from the master map in PS. However, the benefit of using a Mask is that I can make minor alterations to size and area at will. Just a thought, not a must have but a would be nice to have.

Any takers?

Regards,

John

Hi John,

If the mask is rectangular (such as the internal rectangle mask in PTE) it's very easy to do this. Just use a solid "rectangle" and put it on the layer beneath the mask and stretch it slightly larger than the mask rectangle. Screen capture below shows how to construct this: In this case I just put the identical map into the mask, enlarged and moved to get to the display desired then created the solid rectangle and placed it on the layer beneath the mask and sized and positioned it to suit...

Lin

sample.jpg

Hi Gentlemen,

Thank you for your responses.

Lin,

As you will see from the attached screen shot I have adapted your method to give me some accurate control over the size of the border and the Mask/s via the sizing controls.

Yachtsman1, it is always interesting to see how people "skin the cat", thank you for that.

Regards

John

post-2441-0-65518800-1436901318_thumb.pn