WnSoft Forums

Video Clip Timings

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lin

Just had a look at your examples. None of them depict exactly what I'm trying to achieve. The nearest is the middle one, however, that has a still picture over a video clip, with a video clip inserted into the still. So the make up from the base layer is "vid' still vid'". 1 & 3, I have done many times, what I can't seem to get is superimposing a video over a video with no other images between. Thanks for the demos but I still can't get it.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

PS after about 6 hours work yesterday, I have all our wedding images edited & whittled them down to 180, with the video clips still to do. Incidentally, there were 4 official photographers!!!! The picture shows the backs of the official head photographer & the wedding planner, temperature just under 40c.

attachicon.gifw84.jpg

The question then becomes one of two choices. Do you want both videos to run continuously (both master videos) or do you want one of them to be the master and the other to stop when you go to the next slide?

If you can put what you are trying to accomplish into words, then I can tell you how to proceed. The easiest way to describe it so we are both on the same page would be to name the videos like this: Video A and Video B. For example - say it this way. I want video A to appear on slide one and also video b playing on top of video A but smaller so I can see video A also. When I go to slide 2 I want both video A and video B to remain playing while still image one plays, etc.

Best regards.

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

The question then becomes one of two choices. Do you want both videos to run continuously (both master videos) or do you want one of them to be the master and the other to stop when you go to the next slide?

If you can put what you are trying to accomplish into words, then I can tell you how to proceed. The easiest way to describe it so we are both on the same page would be to name the videos like this: Video A and Video B. For example - say it this way. I want video A to appear on slide one and also video b playing on top of video A but smaller so I can see video A also. When I go to slide 2 I want both video A and video B to remain playing while still image one plays, etc.

Best regards.

Lin

Hi Lin

What I want is for both video clips to play at the same time. Then when after a pre-determined time I move to next video or slide. The video on top should be able to have the opacity reduced so that I can see the action on the video below. Therefore both videos would fill the screen. Video A (background) 100% opacity, video B foreground 50%ish opacity. Hope that is clearer.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Eric,

That's easy enough. What do you want the two videos to do when you go to the next slide? To run two video, each filling the screen they only need to be both as objects on slide one. Load video A then go to Objects and Animations and load video B. Video B will automatically appear on "top" of video A in the objects list. Set the opacity on video B to variously less than 100% until it appears as you like. In order for them to both run smoothly, you will probably have to have both optimized.

When done this way they will both be just video clips, neither will be a master. One or both should only be set to master and linked to itself on subsequent slide "IF" you want that video to continue uninterrupted as the background while you sequence through other videos or still slides.

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

That's easy enough. What do you want the two videos to do when you go to the next slide? To run two video, each filling the screen they only need to be both as objects on slide one. Load video A then go to Objects and Animations and load video B. Video B will automatically appear on "top" of video A in the objects list. Set the opacity on video B to variously less than 100% until it appears as you like. In order for them to both run smoothly, you will probably have to have both optimized.

When done this way they will both be just video clips, neither will be a master. One or both should only be set to master and linked to itself on subsequent slide "IF" you want that video to continue uninterrupted as the background while you sequence through other videos or still slides.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

I've just tried what you suggest & yes it works, as I assumed it should when I first encountered the problem. When video clip 1 is the background & video clip 2 is a child superimposed over VC1, they both start & run fine. However if VC2 is not a child of VC1, VC2 starts with a yellow/green screen for a couple of seconds then both run normally. Whether this is correct, I'm not sure. I've tested this with 2 brand new self made clips optomised in PTE.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-16185200-1439933599_thumb.jppost-5560-0-34650700-1439933619_thumb.jp

Hi Eric,

It's possibly a loading issue. Try setting the "start" time for the one with the green screen to about 2 seconds and see what happens. It takes a certain amount of time for loading to occur for videos. Generally loading and video buffering happen before the black screen for an executable file changes to the opening of your show, but when the loading times of videos are different, it's possible for one to begin while the other is still buffering. In such a case you would see a green screen for the one still buffering. The way I would stop this from happening is to start your show with a two or three second black screen then begin the videos as slide two. This would give everything time to be loaded and buffered.

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

it's possible for one to begin while the other is still buffering. In such a case you would see a green screen for the one still buffering. The way I would stop this from happening is to start your show with a two or three second black screen then begin the videos as slide two. This would give everything time to be loaded and buffered.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

I always start & finish my shows with a black screen of at least 3.5 seconds. However, if it is buffering causing the green screen it should disappear when running the show from the beginning, all the things I have been reporting happened when building a particular page in the O&A screen, not an actual full show performance. Now I have been able to run 2 video clips together by adjusting their times I think I can proceed & get to where I want to be. Thanks for your help, if I get any further problems, as Arnie said, I'll be back. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

PS out of all the pictures & video my wife & I took, I have only found 1 with me on it, the "professional" photographers appear in almost 50% of our shots, (like t~~~s at a wedding). The picture is of me & Nolan our grandson & one of the groomsmen.

post-5560-0-81389200-1439967010_thumb.jp