WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe with Sample Project

Igor

Hi,

While we're working on future PicturesToExe 9.0, we prepared one improvement for new users.

This special version 8.0.18 Beta includes a Sample project:

http://www.wnsoft.com/files/test/picturestoexe-setup-sampleproject.exe

I asked Barry Beckham to create this sample project and record voice commentaries for PicturesToExe. The sample project should give new users ideas for their first shows and help to learn basic features of PicturesToExe. Many thanks to Barry!

Click "Open Sample Project" In the main menu -> Help menu.

Click "Welcome Screen" in the main menu -> Help menu. New Welcome screen plays the sample project.

When a new user installs PicturesToExe first time on his computer, he will see the Welcome demo and then PicturesToExe will load this sample project by default instead of blank project.

(You also can see this change, if you uninstall PicturesToExe 8 and then install this special Beta version, skip import of settings from previous versions).

Sounds like a good idea but, I am confused about what you are asking us to do. If I uninstall the current version and then install this beta version, without importing previous settings, will I then have to uninstall the beta version and re-install the current version of 8? Then where will my previous settings be?

Désolé Igor, mais c'est ignorer ceux qui ne parlent pas anglais... et ils sont nombreux !
Pour nous c'est sans intérêt...
Donner la possibilité de télécharger ce projet, ok, mais l'imposer, non... :angry:

Translate Google, sorry...
Sorry Igor, but ignore those who do not speak English ... and they are many !
For us it is uninteresting ...
Give the opportunity to download this project, ok, but impose no ...

Ron,

This beta is stable, it's based on v8.0.17 + sample project. You can use it as the main version.

Jean-Charles,

If we include the translated version of the sample project? French version could contain translated text objects without voice comments. Please let me know your opinion?

Hi,

Well done both.
Anything that can be of assistance to a new user has to be good and I think this will achieve that.
I believe that it will help new and perhaps not so new users to be able to go into O+A and see how things have been put together. Perhaps there could be even more advanced procedures that could be included?
Good luck.
John
P.S. I am beginning to get exited in anticipation of things to come!!

This beta is stable, it's based on v8.0.17 + sample project. You can use it as the main version.

Igor,

I install the '8.0.18 Beta' and found the Sample Project. Using it as my main version. Great idea and it reminded me of ways to animate future slideshows (installed in Win10).

Thanks... Gary

.... (You also can see this change, if you uninstall PicturesToExe 8 and then install this special Beta version, skip import of settings from previous versions).

This is not what I want to do. Nevertheless I would like to have a look at the sample project.

Why not offering the user a library of sample projects as downloads?

Regards,

jt

Point of view, members Diapositif forum (http://www.diapositif.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39355) :

1. The demos (like Barry's one) are useful to help discover the different PTE functions and capabilities
2. They could be accompanied by a downloadable folder containing projects to better understand how it works

3. Demos and folders must be on a web page (page Learn more already existing, or the Online Help already linked) and not directly in the software.

Demos and folders can then be in one (as it is now) or in several languages.

I can't help thinking that some completely misunderstand the intention or what the Project is likely to do for anyone. Firstly you cannot please all of the people all of the time and trying to please enthusiasts is like trying to find Hen's teeth.

I doubt this sort of thing will help those already well into PTE and it's not intended to, if I understand Igor's intentions right. If you open Audition or Camtasia for the first time only it gives you a project you can look at and play. Often, just looking at one of those projects will help, simply by pointing you in the right direction.

In addition it is a bit of a showcase for those who download the trial and are thinking of a purchase. If the project is not presented at the start, many newer users will not find it until its too late to help.

Jeb, Goddi and Judy, thank you for some encouragement, for me and Igor

To the faithful and I don't want to speak for Igor, but I think he was just giving enthusiasts a heads up. He's probably wondering why he bothered, I would. :(

• Like 1

Hi,

I think that sample project is important for PicturesToExe and it may help new users when they first time run the program. Of course, the sample project is not a replacement of user guide.

Also I understand a wish of French users of PicturesToExe to see the fully translated program on their native language.

Please give me time to find the best solution.