WnSoft Forums

Timeline Full Screen View

PRHerreaman

Timeline view fails to show correctly, mini viewer overlaid on film strip and tracks. When first moving from slide view list to Timeline view, (screen shot 2015 11 25), using F4 or toggle chevron mini viewer is removed, (screen shot 2015.10,16) Toggling F4 doesn't return file browser or mini viewer.

The top half of the full screen view seems deleted whilst the double headed arrow used to resize the lower half is missing completely. This is effecting all projects.

This issue arose whilst working with a large number of tracks, filling the screen, I believe I have scrolled down the screen and pressed a key or combination causing the problem ( no idea what)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest update, this results, when using the run from download, all works correctly, closing the download and running from the new Icon the issue returns. I'm currently using windows 8.1 but there are no other issues on this machine

post-12698-0-84495600-1448797573_thumb.j

post-12698-0-30649200-1448797576_thumb.j

Guest Yachtsman1

Just had a quick look at what you are saying, I have never seen the working screens set up as your screen shots? Can you give us some idea of your history with PTE.

Yachtsman1.

The top half of the full screen view seems deleted whilst the double headed arrow used to resize the lower half is missing completely. This is effecting all projects.

I have reproduced your issue within the Timeline view. This seems to occur when you dont have the program window full size and over drag the double headed arrow upward to its limits to reveal more of the bottom half of the window.

Remedy :

Maximize the Timline Window view (your image shows restored down view) .... then adjust downward the double headed arrow to normal viewing position/levels. F4 toggle should work correctly now.

The above mentioned Remedy worked in all my test senarios.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest update, this results, when using the run from download, all works correctly, closing the download and running from the new Icon the issue returns. I'm currently using windows 8.1 but there are no other issues on this machine

Otherwise Try Again

Make sure PTE program closed and exited

Completely Uninstall your PTE version from Windows again.

Reboot PC

Install PTE setup program (not from Run from Download)

*Donot select previous version settings ...it will just install clean and normal default settings

Window sizing/ panels will be normal default when opening.

Another Remedy: Does not require uninstall/install

Make sure PTE program completely closed and exited. If you are familiar with Windows and you know where your User Documents and Setting folder for the Application Data for Picturestoexe ... you need just delete the apr.ini document file. PTE program will remake a new one with all default settings upon re-opening.

The above mentioned Remedy worked in all my test senarios.

Otherwise Try Again

Make sure PTE program closed and exited

Completely Uninstall your PTE version from Windows again.

Reboot PC

Install PTE setup program (not from Run from Download)

*Donot select previous version settings ...it will just install clean and normal default settings

Window sizing/ panels will be normal default when opening.

Another Remedy: Does not require uninstall/install

Make sure PTE program completely closed and exited. If you are familiar with Windows and you know where your User Documents and Setting folder for the Application Data for Picturestoexe ... you need just delete the apr.ini document file. PTE program will remake a new one with all default settings upon re-opening.

On reinstall I have never found any reference to previous settings, I only see one option "associate with .pte"

Sorry not too strong Windows

Not too clear from your posts - have you uninstalled / 're-installed using the PTE uninstaller and the latest download from these pages??

DG

Yes I have uninstalled many times using a number of uninstallers. I am now running 8.0.17, though at one stage I had 8.0.18. I never see the "use settings from previous" when reinstalling!

None make a difference, there is clearly something left but uninstallers like Revo can't find it. I understand apr.ini may be left but I cant find it!

I never see the "use settings from previous" when reinstalling!

If you never saved any settings from previously installed versions ... you will not receive the option to import settings from previous versions.

I understand apr.ini may be left but I cant find it!

The apr.ini file for the version installed is removed during uninstall. You most likely can not find the file because your Windows settings normally hide sensitive files and folders along with sys files ... even during searches. Its a safeguard for average users. ( Some 3rd-party search programs offer some options to find the normally hidden files and folders)

** A new installation of PTE should normally correct your issue and create a new apr.ini file.

Test This : Create a new Project file

* Create a new project without opening any old/ previous project files.

* Donot add any images or other resources.

* Switch to Timeline view ... in a Maximum program window ... see if you are able to reveal and adjust the double headed arrow ?

* Toggle to fullsceen Timeline view ... in a Maximum program window ... see if you are able to reveal and adjust the double headed arrow ?

I know I'm coming late to this party but here is what I witness using PTE v8.0.14 running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

I open a project which has both images and audio. Because I usually work mostly in the Slides view that is the view in which the project opens. I can use F4 or the little triangle icon to switch between the Slide List view or the "digital lightbox" (Full Screen View). Whichever of those two views I am in, clicking on the Timeline tab takes me to the usual Timeline view (with a mini-player, a track of slide thumbnails and several tracks of audio). Pressing F4 now toggles me between this normal Timeline view and the Full Screen Timeline view which by design does not have a mini-player. Pressing F4 again returns me to the normal Timeline view. The triangle icon operates in exactly the same way as the F4 key: it toggles between normal and fullscreen views of the Timeline. I can use F4 to go one way and come back with the triangle icon or I can do it the other way round. All of this is normal behaviour for PTE v 8 and it has always worked this way for me.

On my system the apr.ini file is stored as follows (Note that I have Windows set to show me the hidden, and system, files and folders):

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\PicturesToExe\Versions\8.0

regards,

Peter

P.S. For those who have already contributed to this discussion: I am sure we've had this problem reported before but I have tried searching all parts of the forum and cannot find any reference to it. If Ken Cox reads this postscript perhaps he can trace it using his marvellous indexing system.

I know I'm coming late to this party but here is what I witness using PTE v8.0.14 running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

I open a project which has both images and audio. Because I usually work mostly in the Slides view that is the view in which the project opens. I can use F4 or the little triangle icon to switch between the Slide List view or the "digital lightbox" (Full Screen View). Whichever of those two views I am in, clicking on the Timeline tab takes me to the usual Timeline view (with a mini-player, a track of slide thumbnails and several tracks of audio). Pressing F4 now toggles me between this normal Timeline view and the Full Screen Timeline view which by design does not have a mini-player. Pressing F4 again returns me to the normal Timeline view. The triangle icon operates in exactly the same way as the F4 key: it toggles between normal and fullscreen views of the Timeline. I can use F4 to go one way and come back with the triangle icon or I can do it the other way round. All of this is normal behaviour for PTE v 8 and it has always worked this way for me.

On my system the apr.ini file is stored as follows (Note that I have Windows set to show me the hidden, and system, files and folders):

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\PicturesToExe\Versions\8.0

regards,

Peter

P.S. For those who have already contributed to this discussion: I am sure we've had this problem reported before but I have tried searching all parts of the forum and cannot find any reference to it. If Ken Cox reads this postscript perhaps he can trace it using his marvellous indexing system.

Thanks, the situation is resolved and PTE Timeline appears as it should. I did though lose all the slide lists and tracks for all completed projects, still I do have the completed shows as .

Regards

Peter