WnSoft Forums

Old and New timeline help

I loved the old version of PTE that had the option to move a slide to the front and move a slide to the end for opening segments and closing segments.  I make long shows for my own entertainment and I have made video shows for 25 years and I have always worked on the opening and ending most.  The middle takes care of itself.  As I gradually edit a show I like to move the best slides to the front and back and move the rest of the slides in a chronological order as I usually show one week adventures and prefer order.

I also do a lot of editing of soundtracks...mix and match to help the show.  It would be nice if I could make cuts as I wish in the timeline...taking one music file and cutting and pasting as I go much like video editing.  Now I duplicate the music file multiple times and drag the front or back of the file to the appropriate points that make sense to me...it would be much quicker to be able to just cut where I want in the timeline and then move the parts of a file that I want.

Maybe all of this is there and I just don't know where to look...any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

Well Jeff

If you hit F4 you got the light table where you can pull or push slidesthe way you want to as long you are in the slide mode. Like that your audio will not move.

If you press F4 in timeline mode that can become a bit messy and confusing, so I personally never do it.

As for cutting audio? If I have to do what you would like to do, I export the slides as a video file, throw it on a video editing platform and cut the audio to size/like since it is a video editing timeline. Save the audio and put it back on PTE timeline. 

The exports, imports might take 10 minutes. Is it worth it? well it depends on what you do.

I had done it multiple ways and as long you are comfortable with both editing modes it is not an issue.

Laszlo

Thanks for the F4 tip Laszlo. I will certainly try that. I have used the export video method as I use PTE video in my Blu-Ray video shows.  My main thing, having been a musician, is being able to cut various places within a music file and making the soundtrack fit at least for experimental purposes.  Like the image files, the main thing I love about PTE is being able to experiment freely and then see instantly how things turn out.  I know real Directors put the film together and then add music, but music makes me see images in my mind and I keep changing the images and the music.  Thank you very much for jumping in and helping.

Jeff