WnSoft Forums

Playing PTE show on TV with Push2TV Wireless Adapter

goddi

Greetings,

If I play a PTE show from my laptop to my Samsung TV using an HDMI cable, it shows just fine.

However, if I try to play a PTE show to my Samsung TV using my Netgear PTV3000 wireless display adapter, the show is not smooth. You can tell especially during the fade transitions.

I took a look at my Device Manager/Display Adapter and it shows two display adapters, both show 'Device Working Properly'. One is the 'Intel HD Graphics 4000 and the other is the 'NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M.

Before I tinker with any disabling either of these display adapters to see what would happen, can anyone tell be if having these two display adapters running at the same time might be causing the problem? If I should disable one of them, which one? Or is it something else?

Thanks... Gary

6 hours ago, Yachtsman1 said:

Hi Gary

Did a quick check on Amazon  & there were a lot of problems similar to yours. See http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00D6DTX9M/ref=cm_cr_dp_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&showViewpoints=0

Regs Eric

Yachtsman1.

I am not having the problems that I see in the Amazon reviews. Many seem to be trying it with tablets.I just watched a movie that I was streaming from my laptop to my TV using the Netgear PTV3000 and it had no problems. I just wonder why I have the problem when streaming my PTE shows. It seems that streaming movies would be more of a strain on the system then PTE shows.

Gary

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Gary

I may have mis-understood your query, I was in the middle of the latest episode of Young Montalbano on TV:P

Now I've re-read it, it sounds like an old chestnut that I reported on a couple of years ago when I bought a new LT with 2 graphics cards & wasn't aware it had 2 cards. What I had to do was to set the hi spec card to run PTE shows, at the time it was a matter of right clicking my desktop to which brought up a wizard to set which graphics card ran a PTE show.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

14 hours ago, Yachtsman1 said:

Hi Gary

I may have mis-understood your query, I was in the middle of the latest episode of Young Montalbano on TV:P

Now I've re-read it, it sounds like an old chestnut that I reported on a couple of years ago when I bought a new LT with 2 graphics cards & wasn't aware it had 2 cards. What I had to do was to set the hi spec card to run PTE shows, at the time it was a matter of right clicking my desktop to which brought up a wizard to set which graphics card ran a PTE show.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

Eric, You got me thinking. I found an NVIDIA program on my laptop that lets me choose which level of its graphic card to use with different programs. Or I can set it to automatically select.

I notice that when I play an PTE MP4 show, it plays just fine. And, the only graphics card that I can select with the Windows Media Player is the integrated card. But with PTE exes, I can choose the integrated or the higher NVIDIA level of its card. I am not sure if there is much difference when playing a PTE exe show, whether it is played with the integrated or the NVIDIA card. Neither is as smooth as when I play the MP4 with the Netgear. I think, if I use the NetGear wireless device, I will stick with just playing the PTE MP4 show. It plays well. Or I will just take out my long HDMI cord and use it.

Gary