WnSoft Forums

Multi layered keypoints

Hi

One of the things I have trouble with in p2e is, when using multiple objects you only see the key frames for the highlighted object. I saw a slideshow program recently which showed all the key frames of all the objects on different lines, one above the other, with the selected object's keyframes highlighted. This way I could see when key frames are conflicting  with each other. I think this would help everyone who struggles with key frames.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Jim

I think what you are suggesting can already be achieved in PTE. Your comments took me back to a show I made about 3 or 4 years ago when video was first introduced & covered running a number of still images across a video clip. Towards the end there is a screen shot of all the key frames highlighted at the same time. The original version of this was a manual exe, which I converted to video to up-load it to YouTube. Unfortunately, converting it to video destroyed the manual aspect. I suggest you take a look & watch for the screen shot near the end, if that is what you are suggesting or something similar, let me know & I will see if I can find the exe which explains how to better.

Yachtsman1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrl1Mj0Rpw8

Hi Jim,

There are always situations which might be improved by different views, but having keyframes for all objects on all layers visible simultaneously could very quickly become impractical. Perhaps being able to "select" a few objects and have their keyframes available for view simultaneously could be a usable feature but with PTE sometimes we have literally hundreds of layers in our shows. There isn't a practical limit on the number of objects in separate layers which can be used in a PTE show. There have been shows made with over one thousand layers so to make your suggestion work, it would have to be selective.

Best regards,

Lin  

Guest Yachtsman1
32 minutes ago, Yachtsman1 said:

Hi Jim

I think what you are suggesting can already be achieved in PTE. Your comments took me back to a show I made about 3 or 4 years ago when video was first introduced & covered running a number of still images across a video clip. Towards the end there is a screen shot of all the key frames highlighted at the same time. The original version of this was a manual exe, which I converted to video to up-load it to YouTube. Unfortunately, converting it to video destroyed the manual aspect. I suggest you take a look & watch for the screen shot near the end, if that is what you are suggesting or something similar, let me know & I will see if I can find the exe which explains how to better.

Yachtsman1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrl1Mj0Rpw8

Hi Jim

I found the manual exe file of the tutorial I made on Mediafire, so if you have looked at the YouTube version & that is what you are suggesting, or would like to be able to do now, download the exe file. Just remember it's a manual show so you have to use the arrow keys on your keyboard to go forward or back, press the space bar to pause and re-start after a pause. Just read the instructions at the beginning, let me know if it is along the lines you suggest..

Yachtsman1

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mnppm5s7flaahti/Matchstalk_Men_My_Way.exe

Hi Jim,

Here you'll find a small software to see and modify all the keyframes of the selected PTE Objects of a view.

I've usually too much objects (hundrends, even thousands !) to use it, but it could be useful to you.

See here :

http://www.diapositif.net/forum/download/file.php?id=41166

PS : Here is some discussions about this software OAK :

Best regards,

Jean-Cyprien

• 2 months later...

Jim,

Future PicturesToExe 9 can display keyframes of multiple objects together on the timeline. Or you can use classical mode - display only keyframes of selected object.

Also it's possible to edit parameters for several selected keyframes at once.

• 9 months later...