WnSoft Forums

Optimization Of O&A-Window

While programming an AV sequence, I work with images at full resolution (16 MP). Image size optimization is a later step in my workflow. Now problems arise when I use about 10 images within a single scene (slide). The slide is shown correctly in the preview, but inside the O&A window a few images remain invisible. This seems to be a problem of resources.

So I would like to see an optimization for the O&A window. This window should show the same behavior as the normal preview in case of a "large" number of high resolution images within a single scene (slide).

Best regards,
jt

• 1 month later...

jt,

It happens because O&A always loads images at full size, because user can change size of images at any time. In the preview mode or in the EXE file, the program can calculate the required visual size and loads optimized images to reduce memory usage. 

Use of optimized images in the O&A editor will case the following problem. If you open an existing slide with an image and you increase a visual size of this image, you'll see low quality image. Or if the program will re-load image, it may cause permanent delays due to increased CPU loading to load re-optimized image to video memory.