WnSoft Forums

Spellcheck for Text Objects

Though we would all love to see spellcheck - keep in mind that PTE is a multi-language software. A totally different reference dictionary then would need to be present for each language by PTE users. Today that is thirteen different languages. It could be extremely difficult and perhaps expensive to implement so that it would make everyone happy. 

Best regards,

Lin

Having to work in multilingual environment all the time, I usually prepare text in text processing software where I can use the corresponding spell an grammar check. Later I just paste that text to PTE (or other application).

Usually, the text is not that long in (my) slideshows, often just few words and often these words not in spelling dictionary.

Urmas

Hi Urmas,

I do likewise and I also use "TinySpell" which is a freeware and works well with PTE depending on the language and available dictionary. I generally use English so being the default - for English speaking PTE users this is a viable solution. Here's a link to download and learn more about this:

http://tinyspell.numerit.com/

For a small fee ($10 USD) a more advanced version can be purchased which uses Hunapell dictionaries in multiple languages...

Best regards,

Lin

Hi, Lin!

Thank you for the link of very interesting software. Did not know about it. Actually, tinySpell+ enables to use dictionaries available for Open/Libre Office and Mozilla. It means spelling for almost any language. Should be more than enough for PTE.

Urmas