WnSoft Forums

Publishing Problem

canico

I have been revising a long sequence (45 minutes) and although I have previously published this to a DVD ( and made many other DVDs ) this time the publish function does not work. The message that appears is 'wnsoft video builder ( not responding) '. I have tried several times and tried switching off the computer and starting again - all to no difference. I tried publishing to a memory stick and this started working but was going at snails pace so after about 15 minutes I cancelled.

Any suggestions as to cause and cure would be very welcome .

Canico

Usually the problem is resources?

Are you files too big - do they exceed 2Gb in total?

Have you tried reversing your revisions to see if that makes a difference?

Do you have plenty of free space on the drive containing your temporary folder?

Are you using WAV files instead of MP3?

Are your images optimised (resolution)?

Are you including Video? Has it been converted and trimmed for use in PTE?

Have you tried making an ISO Instead of initiating a DVD burn and does it help?

Some detail would help in understanding your problem.

Phil

Hello Phil

Thank you for giving your time and thoughts on this, however I am pleased to say that I have solved the problem although  I am not sure why it happened .

I had several older versions and I decided to clear them in case they were somehow overloading the program ( the completed sequence is 371KB ) and one these ,an abandoned start only 2KB, refused to open but a message appeared that said it was already open. It refused to close so I moved it out of PTE  to another folder and then everything was back to normal !

So I am pleased to say job done and on to the next one where no doubt some other problem will arise but I guess this is how we learn.

Canico