WnSoft Forums

Printer problems

Mike Reed

This is not a PTE problem but I am tearing my hair out with a problem with my Epson Stylus Photo R3000 printer. I am hopeful that one of my AV friends may be able to suggest a solution.

My printer has a perfect nozzle check pattern yet all my prints have suddenly become excessively printed with a magenta cast. I have carried out numerous nozzle cleans to no effect. I thought it might be a profiling problem so have printed the same image using different profiles but they all come out the same. I have recently upgraded to Photoshop CC 2015 and also gone from OS X Mavericks to El Capitan on my I Mac 27. I have also reloaded / updated the driver for this printer again with no improvement. I use a continuous ink system that has performed perfectly for some years. Having felt that I have covered all the bases can anybody suggest where to go next.

Hi Mike,

What profile is selected in CC 2015? Perhaps try downloading a trial version of some printing program for Mac just to rule out a potential CC 2015 issue. When you get a consistent issue and there are no issues with the nozzle patterns, it really sounds like a color profile (colorspace) issue and the most likely culprit is the printing software being used. My suggestion would be to find a Mac printing program which has a free trial and install it just to test...

Best regards,

Lin