WnSoft Forums

4K VIDEO NOT POSSIBLE?

orizaba

I am thinking to buy a small 4K video camcorder SONY FDR-AX33 4K, to make 4K PTE projects.

In the meantime I downloaded a 4K video sample from Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVx6ZlksMJw

This sample is a MP4 file (3840x2160, 207,6 MB, 76 seconds, 30 fr/s, progressive, bitrate 22,6 Mbps) and runs perfectly on my desktop.

Using PTE converter, I converted 15 seconds, using several quality degrees, from 100% to 10%, getting several AVI files 3840x2160, 30 fr/s, progressive, bitrates from 122 Mbps till 29,6 Mbps using 10% quality. All these AVI converted files run perfectly on my desktop, but loosing fluidity when quality/size/bitrate reduces.

Problem is that none of these AVI converted files is recognized by a new PTE project, 16x9, 3840x2160. I get those blue labels saying "Image not found or damaged" and "Video not found".

What could be the problem? I could see in this forum that members can use 4K videos. How? What am I missing?

Thanks,

Jose

Thanks Igor.

4K in version 9 will be great! When? By the way, will it be necessary to convert native 4K to AVI (or some other file type) to use in PTE, just like today?

Any idea when a native 64-bit version at last? This will be PTE biggest step!!!

Regards,

Jose

13 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

4K output is not ready at this moment. Probably we will add this option in the final version 9.0. I understand that this is important.

Version 9.0 is only 32-bit version.

We can make 3180x2160 UHD video with PTE 8 (mp4 not avi) if we have some good pictures

Viedoconverter don't support UHD video, but we can put a UHD mp4 video in a project and make a UHD video of this project including photos and video.

Don't try to make an exe, it's jerky !!!!

Denis

Hi Denis,

Something is not clear for me.

First, you say that Video Converter (PTE video converter) does not support UHD. Well, I could use it without any problem at all to convert 3840x2160 MP4 files, and converted AVI files run smooth on my computer. Problem is that PTE does not recognize them, as I said in my first post, so, it is not possible to edit a video in PTE Objects & Animation. As Igor said, PTE does not support, this moment, 4K video, what is true.

On the other hand, you say that PTE supports 3180x2160 video (not 3840x2160) MP4 files. I didn't try 3180, may be you are right, I mean, may be it is possible to edit 3180x2160 native MP4 files on Objects & Animation, this meaning that PTE accepts them, is this so? I will try this 3180.

Anyhow, 16x9 video is 3840x2160, not 3180x2160, so, something is not clear.

Jose

Sorry Jose,

i write a mistake: read 3840 and not 3180.

And there is a confusion between UHD mp4 file with MPEG4/AVC codec video which is supported by PTE and UHD mp4 file with MPEG4/HEVC codec which is not supported by PTE and videoconverter.

I tried to put either the original UHD mp4 (MPEG4/AVC) or the converted avi video with success in an UHD project (3840x2160)

As I said before PTE is not compatible with UHD video with MPEG/HEVC (h.265) codec

Denis

Hi Denis,

I still don't understand. My original (youtube) 4K file is MPEG4/AVC, as I just verified using "GSpot" software. So, according to you, this file should be supported by PTE, but in fact it is not, despite it is accepted by PTE video converter. Please see my first post again.

Jose

Hi Jose,

I don't understand. May be you can give the link of your Youtube Video. I shall try to understand why PTE don't support this video.

You can test what I wrote:

New PTE Project 3840x2160.
-one slide(a good photo with high definition) 6s a little zoom for example
-Publish Hd video 3840x2160, one pass quality, FPS 30 (test_UHD.mp4)

New PTE Project 3840x2160
-insert the video test_UHD.mp4 two times the original and the optimized with videoconverter
-insert one or two pictures
-Publish Hd video 3840x2160, one pass quality, FPS 30

Denis

Hi Denis,

Link of my Youtube 4K video sample is in my first post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVx6ZlksMJw

Concerning your tests, I can see that first one, with one slide (photo), presents no problem, you are not using 4K video, only a high resolution photo.

In second case, using a UHD.mp4 video, I really don't understand how PTE accepted it. Could you send me (via Dropbox, for example) a small clip of such video, in order that I could try it? Still better, could you send me a print of "Media Info" and "GSpot" of such video, in order to see exactly what kind of video is that?

"Media Info" and "GSpot" are 2 free softwares you can download.

Jose 

Hi Jean-Cyprien,

Thanks for your reply.

This is curious! Igor says PTE does not support 4K, but you made it!

In fact, I tried again with this same SAMSUNG 4k video file (01. SAMSUNG ORIGINAL)01. SAMSUNG ORIGINAL.jpg

Please, note: Video Bitrate 22,6 Mbps, Bits/(Pixel*Frame) 0,091.

When I made a new PTE project, I tried to drag this original Samsung file (which shows in blue) to PTE. Impossible. (05. DRAG ORIGINAL FILE)

05. DRAG ORIGINAL FILE.jpg 

Ok. So I inserted a blank slide, opened O&A, and imported the original Samsung file. Ok. PTE asked to optimize, I said yes and loaded the CONVERTED file.

02. CONVERTED JOSE.jpg

Please note: Video Bitrate 59,7 Mbps, Bits/(Pixel*Frame) 0,240. I would say that this AVI file is much better than original MP4 file...!

So, I could publish a new 4K MP4 file, using 60 fps, 2 pass, 20 Mbps (03. PROJECT JOSE).

03. Project JOSE.jpg

Please note: Video bitrate 20,0 Mbps, Bits/(Pixel*Frame) 0,040. This 0,040 is about half of original Samsung file (0,091), which is 30 fps, and my project file is 60 fps, I think this is the reason.

At last, I still tried to drag the converted file, but it was impossible (06. DRAG CONVERTED FILE)06. DRAG CONVERTED FILE.jpg

Just to compare (04. Jean-Cyprien) 04. Jean-Cyprien.jpg

Note: Bitrate 27,3 Mbps, Bits/(Pixel*Frame) 0,110. I think we can not compare because you used 2 more slides (photos) in your project, and I did not.

In conclusion:

1) The "blues" always show, but this does not mean that it is impossible to go on.

2) To proceed it is necessary to go to O&A and import 4K video.

3) Final quality of 4K PTE project is very similar to original 4K video. This is amazing!

4) Please, Igor, explain what is all this about!

Jose 

Hi Jose,

I prepare a 100MB zip with PTE project and videos (converted and final UHD mp4), upload it  but no need now

The "blues" don't appear on my Windows 7 PC with the last PTE (8.0.20), so it seems a problem of your PC.

I can import UHD videos like other video or pictures: drag and drop

Denis

Hi Jose,

I've no problem to  drag and drop the Samsung file on the timeline, and I never had a blue headband. (Windows 7, PTE 8.020) Thus to go to the O&A window is not necessary.

( Note that If I drag and drop my new file (Project1_4K.mp4), the picture on the timeline is black because my first slide is a blank one)

I don't know if the "quality" of the converted files is better than the originals one, but if these files are generally "heavier", they are more easily accepted by PTE (specially, the fluidity is better)

Even if the PTE VideoConverter works with a 4K file,  if we can put a 4K video on PTE, and if PTE make a 4K video, it's still not possible to make an exe file. So, Igor is right when he says " PicturesToExe doesn't support 4K video at this moment ". But we are probably not far ?

Jean-Cyprien

Hi Jean-Cyprien,

I was using PTE 8.0.17. Now I installed v8.0.20. I use Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate, 100% updated.

I just opened a new PTE project, using a NEW Samsung original 4K file (which I downloaded using Ummy Video Downloader v1.7).

As you can see, blue again!PTE 8.0.20 with Samsung original.jpg

Next, is a MEDIA INFO report of this original Samsung 4K video file.Samsung original 4K.jpg

So, I can not understand what is going on (with my computer?)

Could you please send me a MEDIA INFO report of your downloaded Samsung file? And please let me know which software you used to download it.

Any idea of what can be the problem?

Jose

Hi Jose,

I'm not a "fan" of video, so I don't see the need for me to download the MediaInfo software.

I've downloaded the Samsung file with Firefox and its extension Video Download Helper

Here is a link to download the file I've obtained :

https://we.tl/dnCSegEdsD

I've tested it with a PTE project and find no problem using it.

I'm not competent enough with "computer science" to help you. I'm just able to follow the advice of Denis !

Good luck !

Jean-Cyprien

Hi Jean-Cyprien and DG,

You may have discovered the problem!

But I didn't put any "?". I can see that this "?" is replacing the native ":" of the original file name.

Point is that when I downloaded the original file using Ummy Video Downloader (LEFT, below), the downloaded file shows the same ":" and PTE reads it as "?" instead, and may be gets confused and says "Damaged or missing file" in blue.

When I downloaded using Firefox Video Downloader Helper (like Jean-Cyprien) (RIGHT, below) the downloaded file do not show ":", and this downloaded file is accepted by PTE (no blues). I used it to make a PTE project without any problem.

Besides this difference on file name after downloaded, there is another difference as you can see on Media Info / General / Writtng Aplication: on the LEFT (downloaded with Ummy), is "Lavf57.2.100", on the RIGHT (downloaded with Firefox), is "Lavf55.19.104". MEDIA INFOS.jpg

May be this is not so important, I think they only are different versions of same software.

In conclusion, I think Jean-Cyprien is right, problem is only about that ":" which confuses PTE.

But I would ask why Firefox Video Downloader Helper takes this ":" out of the file name...?

Concerning Igor statement about 4K: PTE does not only makes exe files, it also makes HD mp4 files, even 4K mp4 files! So...

Thanks for your help,

Jose

On 24/06/2016 at 9:11 AM, Jean-Cyprien said:

Even if the PTE VideoConverter works with a 4K file,  if we can put a 4K video on PTE, and if PTE make a 4K video, it's still not possible to make an exe file. So, Igor is right when he says " PicturesToExe doesn't support 4K video at this moment ". But we are probably not far ?

Jean-Cyprien

I don't agree Jean-Cyprien (and Igor) . You can make an exe file with UHD  video as input.

If you have a good I7, the result (fluidity) is good.

So PTE is compatible with UHD (3840x2160)

Denis