WnSoft Forums

Fading a style within a video clip

Craig

Hi...is it possible to fade a style in and out over a single video clip?  For example, I'd like to add a "rain" style midway through a short video clip and gradually fade it in (and out) of the clip.  Right now, when I add a rain style midway through my video clip (by choosing "time range"), it starts abruptly and then ends abruptly at the end of the designated time.  It doesn't look natural.

How can I fade my rainstorm into a video clip and then fade it out within the same frame?  I suspect I am overlooking an elementary step here and appreciate any tips.  Thanks.

-Craig

Hi Craig,

Yes, just click on the style in Objects and Animations and set the opacity to zero over time in the timeline to fade it out and begin it with zero opacity then change the opacity over time back to whatever looks best. If you're using one of my rain styles, I believe I have the opacity set to about 8 to 12. The higher the opacity, the more intense the rain and the darker the image. You can adjust the time within your video when the rain begins by just moving the starting keyfame for the rain to the position where you want to fade the effect in. Use Ctrl E to move the entire series of keyframes if you have already programmed the fade in and fade out.

Best regards,

Lin