WnSoft Forums

Creating DVD in Pics to Exe

Hallwoody

Hallwoody,

I would first try uninstall then reinstall your PTE prorgram

1) What  is your Version and Build of PTE program ?

2) Was PTE program already installed prior to Windows 10 install/upgrade ... or after Windows !0 install/upgrade ?

*After a Windows 10 upgrade, I have noticed some programs and other drivers need to be reinstalled to function properly in Windows 10 .

* I almost missed this  topic/post in this location ....future posts such as this would be best  found within Troubleshooting Section of the  forum.

I have re-installed Pics to Exe v.8.02 but the problem is the same  The only difference is that VOB files multiplexing reach 100% ( 40%) previously but the Operation Failed.  Now the error code is 255 - previously 3

My previous Pics to Exe was installed prior to Windows 10 upgrade    I think this is definitely a Windows 10 problem.  I produced DVDs in February OK.  A friend has also experienced the same difficulty in the past 2 weeks , he is also on Windows 10.

Thank you for your time.

You may also want to check if there is a Firmware update for your particular DVD Burner make & model from the manufactures/OEM site.

Its possible that a newer version of the Firmware is available that may address Windows 10 issues with your DVD Burner.

No harm in checking.

Thank you for the information  about the firmware update.   I tried to burn the DVD on 2 different  burners plus a friend had the same problem so I don't think it could be the burner.  I am going to see in Windows 10 Forum can come up with a solution and investigate other means to burn a DVD from Pics to Exe.

Hallwoody,

I agree that a Windows 10 upgrade/update is at the top-of-the-list as the most likely cause of your current DVD issue. If possible I would like to ask of what  year/generation your PC board and processor is ? (not the year of purchase ... but the manufacture date and chipset type such as z77, z97 or anything  newer or older.)  I have found older generation PC's generally have alot more issues with Windows 10 generic drivers than that of newer generation PC's/Boards that were built to be Windows 10 compatible.

I believe DVD Disc creation has seen its hay-day as Barry comments. Many users rely on DVD Disc for distribution ... but the only real advantage is the cost of delivery per a unit. USB delivery takes the real advantage with HD Video output quality VS the  less impressive standard DVD Video output quality.  DVD Discs are also prone to dirt, scratches, and regional playback compatibility. USB video delivery is comparatively a much higher cost  to share among other users and  friends ... also the intended users equipment needs to be somewhat newer specs to accept the USB video playback.

I guess cost VS quality is the competing factor in selecting a video delivery medium. I tend not to rely on internet connection delivery method ... I personally like to watch and do things when I want  without always being connected :D

Hallwoody

There are obviously problems with DVDs as the many people who contact this forum and some of us privately indicate. The technology is now old and most have moved onto MP4 videos because they can be played in most modern TVs and are better quality

DVDs reduce the resolution of our slide shows and destroy the quality we carefully create. They are only 720 pixels wide.

Then as PTE moves forward with its development, particularly thinking about Mac capability, who pays for the development of something that is dead, or if not dead, certainly on its last gasps. 

There has to come a time when the plug is pulled

I guess I shall just have to forget burning a DVD and look into MP4 videos  I agree that DVD quality is not good but it was the way for friends to see my slideshow. I'm back to what I said earlier, most of my friends are not into the latest Tvs etc.

I will not pursue this matter further.