WnSoft Forums

Free AMAZING! Sharpening Software

ADB

I got this off the DPREVIEW forum for anybody wanting a FREE but very effective sharpening program go to this link:-

DPREVIEW - VTIE'S SHARP CONTROL

I have tried many different sharpening methods including the FRED MIRANDA actions which some of you may have heard of but SHARP CONTROL by Vtie, I think, is better and FREE!

Enjoy ;)

I downloaded the program SharpControl. Is there anywhere a description of how to use it?

A help file is not contained and I don't know anything about the various settings,

which SharpControl offers. The only thing I could figure out, that only jpg and tiff files can be processed with it. Also, whatever setting you apply to an image, the file size increasizes tremendously, usually 3-5 times compared to the original.

Rudi:

Yes it's true that you are limited to jpg and tiff. The only help I can suggest is... you select an area for critical viewing by dragging the box in the upper left corner with your mouse then use the zoom feature +/- to increase or decrease the overall pix size. From there on it's a matter of changing the values to you liking. Actually, default does a pretty good job on most pix.

Hope this helps ;)

Bob..

Rudi..it does indeed produce large JPEG results, maybe X3. The default setting seemed to work best for me in most cases but you can move the arrows around to try other changes to the pic and if you like the result of the changes you've made then click the "add" button and it will save the settings for you.

The defaults are:

200%

1X

--Just in case you've 'lost" them.

Jim.