WnSoft Forums

Saving a slide as a jpg

jkb

As PTE gets more powerful & we can do more & more without having to use a separate photo editor, it would be really useful if we could save a slide as a jpg image.

EG I apply several effects to an image using O&A such as layering one image, with a border ontop of a blurred greyscale copy of itself.

This is so quick & easy to do in PTE rather than having to go into Photoshop to do it.

It would be great if we could then save this Slide as a JPG at the resolution of the original image(s)

Jill

Jill,

PTE use to somewhat have such a Save Image feature. It was introduced in v3.60 and ended after v7.07 productions. Iam not sure ... but I feel that the introduction of Encrypted Images feature in v7.5 created issues in keeping the Save Image feature for future productions.

I still have v7.07 installed because I really liked the Save Image feature it  provided ... and periodically use in it such scenarios as you describe. Maybe in the future Igor can rethink and restore this feature in some workable solution. I would greatly welcome it back :D

*From the Whats New features of v3.60 when first introduced :

+ Added ability to save current slide/picture as a file on disk.
      See Project options | Main tab -> Allow restoring of pictures
      ("Print" button on the Navigation bar)

*See attached image of previous v7.07 Save Image feature .

save_image.jpg

nobeefstu, what you are refering to is the option to save an image from the exe & it only works if you have the navigation bar - something I never use.

What I am asking for is to be able to say right click on a slide in slideview - or better still at a certain point within that Slide in the Timeline view & for there to be an option to save the image as a jpg.

In some AV competitions the author is asked to provide a representative image from the AV to use in a catalogue.
It would be so quick if we could create that from within PTE rather than having to do it in Photoshop.

Also when creating an image for a 'Single Image' competition, it is often much quicker & easier to do something in PTE than to use Photoshop.

Jill

• 1 year later...

Hi Igor,

It would be even so much more useful if you could include chroma key for a still image along with the save a jpg feature. That's a feature with Proshow which is quite useful even if it takes a screen capture to accomplish a save there.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Igor,

No, what I mean is a greenscreen jpg or other greenscreen format (png, bmp, etc.) by using chromakey extraction then saved as a PNG with all the green becoming transparent. In other words just like creating a transparent background video using the PTE green screen technology, only applied to a still image which was taken with a solid green background. 

A sample below:

Apply PTE's chroma key extraction to green.jpg and produce the transparent background green.png... Just like with video only with still images..... Green screen background photography is gaining popularity with professional photographers to allow changing background easily, but the green screen allows things which are very difficult with normal photography like revealing fine wisps of hair in a portrait. Trying to mask and reveal fine human or animal hair is very difficult in a normal background image but much much easier with green screen chroma key extraction. So by having this capability in PTE the middle steps of using expensive green screen extraction from still image software is avoided.

Best regards,

Lin

Below - Green Removed Leaving Transparency In its place....

green.png

Original Below:

green.jpg.d09ac637ef1bf1c8bd976d6784d2f302.jpg

• 3 years later...

Hi,

We firmly added this feature for PTE 11 - export of all or selected slide(s) to JPEG or PNG image(s). With a possibility of a transparent background for a PNG format. Any custom pixel size of a slide. Of course, both versions - Windows and Mac.

2 hours ago, Tonton Bruno said:

As I use animations in the views I would like to have the choice at what precise instant in the view I can capture it.

I also would like to choose the exact point to capture the image. Therefore I would want to use it from either the Timeline or O&A.

A Small button on the main interface or a hot key combination if possible would be best.

Jill

What is to be exported?
- a slide (sounds odd)
- a slide at a particular point of time (e.g. as we see it on the slide list)
- the image that is to be seen on the screen at the position of the cursor

What about the transition period?

What will be the output for version 11 or 12 when there will be multiple tracks?

It would be nice if Igor could confirm that a choice of the point in time of the Time(line) is possible?

The placement of the "export" command with its corresponding Hotkey is really irrelevant, but IMO the Slide Menu would appear to be the ideal place to put it.

Perhaps in the same menu as the "Export Audio Track" would be another alternative?

DG

Right now it exports a slide (picture) at the end of a transition - exactly what you see in the Slide list.

I guess that some members might expect another result, a possibility to export a slide at any time point including a transition effect.

1 hour ago, Igor said:

Right now it exports a slide (picture) at the end of a transition - exactly what you see in the Slide list.

And it will be very usefull ! Thank you, Igor !

I guess that some members might expect another result, a possibility to export a slide at any time point including a transition effect. 

Let's say it could be the next step, but maybe this represents a too big amount of work.

If at all possible I would like to be able to export what is seen in the mini preview window.

ie at a specific time point.

I initially work with full sized images straight out of the camera.
I do a lot of work in PTE as it is so much quicker, using Masks to remove distractions, resizing & repositioning images to align, colour adjustments etc.
I may have several attempts to get exactly the view I require.

To make my finished AV I then have to replicate this work in Photoshop to be able to reduce the file size of the final image.

It would save a lot of time if I could save the view in PTE as say a 1920 x 1080 image at 72 dpi to reduce the file size.
I could then simply replace the full sized, adjusted images with one single small sized image in the final production.

Jill