WnSoft Forums
jkb

Saving a slide as a jpg

As PTE gets more powerful & we can do more & more without having to use a separate photo editor, it would be really useful if we could save a slide as a jpg image.

EG I apply several effects to an image using O&A such as layering one image, with a border ontop of a blurred greyscale copy of itself.

This is so quick & easy to do in PTE rather than having to go into Photoshop to do it.

It would be great if we could then save this Slide as a JPG at the resolution of the original image(s)

Jill

Jill,

PTE use to somewhat have such a Save Image feature. It was introduced in v3.60 and ended after v7.07 productions. Iam not sure ... but I feel that the introduction of Encrypted Images feature in v7.5 created issues in keeping the Save Image feature for future productions.

I still have v7.07 installed because I really liked the Save Image feature it  provided ... and periodically use in it such scenarios as you describe. Maybe in the future Igor can rethink and restore this feature in some workable solution. I would greatly welcome it back :D

*From the Whats New features of v3.60 when first introduced :

+ Added ability to save current slide/picture as a file on disk.
      See Project options | Main tab -> Allow restoring of pictures
      ("Print" button on the Navigation bar)

*See attached image of previous v7.07 Save Image feature .

save_image.jpg

nobeefstu, what you are refering to is the option to save an image from the exe & it only works if you have the navigation bar - something I never use.

What I am asking for is to be able to say right click on a slide in slideview - or better still at a certain point within that Slide in the Timeline view & for there to be an option to save the image as a jpg.

In some AV competitions the author is asked to provide a representative image from the AV to use in a catalogue.
It would be so quick if we could create that from within PTE rather than having to do it in Photoshop.

Also when creating an image for a 'Single Image' competition, it is often much quicker & easier to do something in PTE than to use Photoshop.

Jill

Jill,

We plan this command (Save Slide to JPEG/BMP image) to the popup menu of the Slide list (in the main window). It should appear in version 10 or 9 (if we will have enough time).

I also would like to see this feature.

Thanks,

Hi Igor,

It would be even so much more useful if you could include chroma key for a still image along with the save a jpg feature. That's a feature with Proshow which is quite useful even if it takes a screen capture to accomplish a save there.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

If I understood rightly your question, PTE 10 can export slides with a transparent background to PNG image.

Example (click to the image to get the original PNG file with a transparency):

Slide1.png

Hi Igor,

No, what I mean is a greenscreen jpg or other greenscreen format (png, bmp, etc.) by using chromakey extraction then saved as a PNG with all the green becoming transparent. In other words just like creating a transparent background video using the PTE green screen technology, only applied to a still image which was taken with a solid green background. 

A sample below:

Apply PTE's chroma key extraction to green.jpg and produce the transparent background green.png... Just like with video only with still images..... Green screen background photography is gaining popularity with professional photographers to allow changing background easily, but the green screen allows things which are very difficult with normal photography like revealing fine wisps of hair in a portrait. Trying to mask and reveal fine human or animal hair is very difficult in a normal background image but much much easier with green screen chroma key extraction. So by having this capability in PTE the middle steps of using expensive green screen extraction from still image software is avoided.

Best regards,

Lin

Below - Green Removed Leaving Transparency In its place....

green.png

Original Below:

green.jpg.d09ac637ef1bf1c8bd976d6784d2f302.jpg