WnSoft Forums

Still Can't Do It

cagney123

15 years later I still can't upload a file.  I am sooooo tired of this.  I could do this without fail on Beachbrook...but now I can't do it.  I am now going to just amuse myself with my own files and give up trying to use this forum to upload anything.  Goodbye and enjoy yourselves.

I have updated the Slideshowclub Help File:

http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/slideshowsclub/main

If we knew just a little more about where things are going wrong we might be able to offer more help?

File size is the first thing that comes to mind - there is an upper limit of (I think) 180Mb.

If you are uploading PC and MAC versions that is (I think) 90Mb each.

Stick with it.

DG

Thanks people...I just took a morning moment when my nerves haven't been set on fire as yet...and read an earlier post about size of files.  I was uploading

a file that was within posted limits but was quite large due to the fact I wanted to post a show for UHD, so I didn't shrink the files to HD.  Since others with great skills have had the same problem I believe the software just doesn't read the files correctly when they are large.  I was only posting the PC version to make sure I was within the limits as I hadn't read the limits details in a while.  The show was 142 megs.  I will edit like mad and shrink it down and see what happens.  Sorry for just flat out blowing up yesterday.  I should only post in the morning before events start getting under my skin.  My mother had a horrible temper and everyone from her side of the family just loved blowing up.  Ha...I'm 65 years old and can still blame Ma.  She would blow up if she were here.

Thanks everyone.  I will keep my temper in check and only post when I'm calm.

Been there - done that.

Good luck and if it fails again be sure to explain where it fails and post any error messages.

Lakelandlass has posted earlier this week and I posted (a test) this morning so I don't think that there is anything wrong with the upload procedures.

DG

Just posted a 109 meg file and it uploaded fine.  The one I tried to post yesterday was 143 megs.  I will try that one again next month when I have a new months megs to fool with.  Thanks to all once again.  From now on I will sleep on it before I open my mouth and insert my foot.  Also, to clarify why I let it fly yesterday...after I shrunk some pics with Photoshop Elements the program decided to not open again without me paying for the program that I just bought last October.  Not 1 minute after using the program it decides to only let me use a trial version or pay for the full version.  I think that had me going more than the PTE thing.  Luckily I slept on that one and realized it was a download version.  I checked my past emails and found the serial numbers still there...like an idiot I hadn't saved them to file but I was smart enough not to delete the email.  The body isn't what it used to be and I guess the mind is getting a bit rusty too.

Jeff

I still can't upload the 138 meg file I was trying too originally.  Maybe something is funny with that particular file.  I am going to try another file of a similar size just to see if it is the size that is messing with me.

Tried another file...just over 140 megs....goes to 4% and starts over...the same as the other file.  I guess it just has to be a bit smaller, though I don't know why the problem.  Anyway I will keep my larger files to myself.

I create and watch my shows on a 43 inch UHD screen.  The shows you are talking about look poorly on high res screens...my old shows included. I've only been doing this for about 15 years so I know how to shrink pics. My most recent show is about 10 megs.  I create for the future, not the past.  5 years from now many will be working with 8k screens.  Also, my shows aren't pretty pictures with music, but what I call Multimedia shows.  Why have a limit over 200 megs when 140 can't be uploaded...and with today's internet it only takes a minute to download a substantial show.  I know most view these shows on an ipad screen.  Perhaps I'm wasting my time.  Your comment sounds like the same kind that comes from people who don't like a movie because it runs over 2 hours.  What does that have to do with entertainment?

I hope this answers your question...I guess I could give it the 10 meg answer and say my show, not shows, are over 140 meg because they can be.

49 minutes ago, cagney123 said:

I create and watch my shows on a 43 inch UHD screen.  The shows you are talking about look poorly on high res screens...my old shows included. I've only been doing this for about 15 years so I know how to shrink pics. My most recent show is about 10 megs.  I create for the future, not the past.  5 years from now many will be working with 8k screens.  Also, my shows aren't pretty pictures with music, but what I call Multimedia shows.  Why have a limit over 200 megs when 140 can't be uploaded...and with today's internet it only takes a minute to download a substantial show.  I know most view these shows on an ipad screen.  Perhaps I'm wasting my time.  Your comment sounds like the same kind that comes from people who don't like a movie because it runs over 2 hours.  What does that have to do with entertainment?

I hope this answers your question...I guess I could give it the 10 meg answer and say my show, not shows, are over 140 meg because they can be.

OK, I get it.

Good luck.

DG