WnSoft Forums

Newbie question....

pilotmass

I need to make a slideshow presentation at the end of my son's school sports season.

Looking for a program that will allow me to merge a large number of single photographs, and allow quick transitions between shots to give something of a slo mo look. Photos will be 5-8 mb each. Can I do this with the essentials program? For this show, sound is not added. 

Thanks

You can do this with PTE Essentials, but I would recommend using something like IrfanView or FastStone to resample your 5-8 megabyte images down to a size which all computer systems can more easily handle in quick succession loads. There is no advantage in terms of image quality in using images this large. Consider the hardware on which this show will eventually be played. Take the largest display you expect to see and resample your images to no larger than that native resolution with a compression of somewhere around Photoshop 7 and you will then have images which will work much, much better without quality loss when displayed in quick succession. Also consider whether you might want to do more later using some of the features of the deluxe version of PTE before you decide on which version will best suit your needs.

Best regards,

Lin