WnSoft Forums

Version 9 Window Styles

davegee

This "Window" Style was created Version 9 Beta using the new simplified method for "Framing" or "Windows" and does not use Masks.

Framing 16x9.ptestyle

Use a 16x9 image in a 16x9 Project.

There is a short "How To" here: http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/v9howto/framing

Please keep in mind that Version 9 is still a Beta and there appear to be features that are not yet implemented.

Version 9 Beta Styles will not Import into Version 8 or earlier.

DG

A Simple Triptych Style created using the Framing feature in Version 9 Beta (no masks).

Framing Triptych 16x9.ptestyle

Use a 16x9 image in a 16x9 Project.

Please keep in mind that Version 9 is still a Beta and there appear to be features that are not yet implemented.

DG

Dave,

Might I suggest a small amendment to the Help information on the "Framing" style.  Initially when I saw Igor's comment on this new feature, I assumed that I first had to add a frame and then add an image as a child.  However looking at your style, it is obvious that merely adding an image, reducing its size and adding a border, enables the "Framing" parameters to be applied. So maybe in your instructions you might consider adding :

"Insert a new image into the O&A Window and reduce its size to the required size of the frame."

Here's the UNIVERSAL Triptych Framing Style - one Style fits all Aspect Ratios.

The rule is still the same:

Add 16x9 Image to 16x9 Project or

Add 3x2 Image to 3x2 Project or

Add 4x3 Image to 4x3 Project

5x4 is not supported :)

Framing Triptych Universal.ptestyle

DG

Hi Jeff,

No "border" is necessary to use the new feature. Just place an image in the slide list. Go to O & A and zoom and position it where you like on the screen. Add a keyframe somewhere later on the timeline then place a checkmark in the "Framing" and change the X Y and Z parameters to adjust zoom and position.

Best regards,

Lin

Quite right Lin,

But it is surely easier to demonstrate ALL features some of which can be dropped later if not required?

BTW, and IMHO, the zoom is best left as the last operation when doing precise cropping such as in the Triptychs, so that you are computing the dimensions against your project size.

DG

Hi Dave

I have been playing around with the earlier triptych styles you made and which you gave me some help with. I had been trying to make other variations of the style but you are way ahead of me with these latest versions which are really cool. 

Gogs

Isn't this that age old debate, how far does a slide show program move towards being an image editing program? If you add text, then people like me want text styles, bevels, outlines.

if you use graduated or solid backgrounds, I then want some control of texture noise etc

Masks are easy and quick to make in Photoshop,Elements in almost any configuration and shape you want

I think that we have to take these things to their conclusion or until they cannot go any further before deciding what works and what doesn't.

If you remember the chronology of this thing I played around with Windows and Masks for a while until Igor saw something that he liked and wanted to create a Preset Style for. However, someone thought that it could/should be done in PTE in a way that he could understand and that prompted Igor to introduce the Framing feature.

Who knows, we might get to another Eureka moment and something else could come out of it.

There is one feature which I am still waiting for which is crucial to this technique and I will carry on until we get it.

DG

Hi Dave

I believe it is worth the effort to keep experimenting, although this is easy for me to say when someone else is making the input, although I do try to experiment in my own limited way. But I believe the creativity you apply to P2E (nd which you are happy to share with others) does rigorously test the capabilities of the application and like you say may lead to the next Eureka moment.

I believe P2E is leading the field as an audio visual application and I am happy for it just to be that, but to be the best it can be.

Gogs

• 2 weeks later...