WnSoft Forums

Grayscale images

Vince Bevan

Hi,

I'm working on a show of b&w images that have been loaded as RGB files. I've noticed that when I convert them to Grayscale images and load then into the show they appear a lot darker than the source file. I'm using the Deluxe version 8.0.17.

Would anyone be able to shine some light on why this is happening?

Thanks

13 hours ago, davegee said:

Presumably, you are converting to grayscale in Photoshop or similar?

After removing the colour you can change the mode back to RGB and save the b&w image as a normal sRGB image. Try that.

I though that grayscale images were ok.

DG

Yes, converting in PS CS5.

Through the conversion process to b&w I have kept all the files as sRGB.

I've been having some issues with the show looking 'lighter' when uploaded to Vimeo, so thought I would try some Grayscale images, which is where I discovered the issue of them looking darker in PTE. 

VB

13 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Please can you publish one sample grayscale image to check?

Here are two samples, both of which look identical in Photoshop. Although in just uploading them, and seeing the difference, it has become apparent that it not likely to be an issue in PTE.

I think I need to go back and check the conversion to Grayscale process. 

My thanks for the replies.

Grayscale.jpg

RGB.jpg

Thanks for the sample images. It seems that PicturesToExe doesn't support correctly JPEGs saved with Grayscale mode. We'll try to fix this issue, but probably it will take significant time.

Chrome browser also doesn't display correctly Grayscale images.

I recommend to use a workaround - convert your image to RGB color space before you save a JPEG file. Or use Save for Web command.

3 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Thanks for the sample images. It seems that PicturesToExe doesn't support correctly JPEGs saved with Grayscale mode. We'll try to fix this issue, but probably it will take significant time.

Chrome browser also doesn't display correctly Grayscale images.

I recommend to use a workaround - convert your image to RGB color space before you save a JPEG file. Or use Save for Web command.

Thanks Igor,