WnSoft Forums

Slide Duration-How to save for specific individual images?

goddi

Greetings,

How can I save the 'Slide Duration' for specific slides so they don't  change when I modify the 'Project Options/Main/Default Slide Duration'?

If I have set the slide duration for specific individual images, their duration will change when I change the 'Default Slide Duration'. I'd like to keep those specific individual slide durations so they do not change when I change the 'Default Slide Duration'. Possible?

Gary

21 hours ago, Lin Evans said:

Hi Gary,

If you don't click on "Apply to all slides" the times you have already set for individual slides will remain as they are. New slides added will carry the time set in Project Options for slides.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin, I thought I had replied to this but it disappeared, apparently. Let me try again.

The problem is that only the duration of 'New slides added will carry the time set in Project Options for Slides'. Here is the problem: For example, if I have the intro text slide set to 3, and I have a Route Generator map that has to be set to 9.04, and I have all the other slides already set to 5, when I want  to change all the slides that are set from 5 to, say, 4 and 'Apply to All', the 3 and the 9.04 durations get changed too. Is there a way to 'lock' in the duration times for certain slides so I can change all the other slides to a different duration as I create the show? Still not possible??? Otherwise, I have to change the duration  of the other  slides, slide by slide.

Gary

42 minutes ago, jt49 said:

You can highlight groups of slides in the slide list, open the slide options, and give them all a common time.

It might be OK if you have a small number of slides and they are all contiguous to change their duration. What if you have a hundred slides and the slides with specific durations are scattered through the show. It would be a pain. Why not allow the ability to 'lock' in that special duration for individual those slides using the 'Slide Options/Main' menu? Just add it as an option.

Gary