WnSoft Forums

Slideshow using Exif and GPS Text Description data

The software will need to extract the Exif GPS co-ordinates of each image and convert this to a place name, write it to the Exif Description field and then display this at the bottom of the image during creation of the slideshow.

It needs to do this as part of the slideshow creation for each photo and if I am really lucky with all movie clips as well.

This will save many hours it the descriptions are all inserted manually.

Hope someone can guide me to the right solution.

Hi Bazza,

Unfortunately, although that is a great idea, no current slideshow software that I'm aware of has this capability. In order to do something like this, there would need to be resident a huge matrix containing world-wide gps coordinates and descriptions in multitudes of languages. That or somehow connect to google maps and be able to extract data which would require depending on a third party and the availability of such at the time of slideshow creation. 

I may be wrong, but I sincerely doubt that you will be able to find such or that this type power in a presentation slideshow product will be available anytime in the near future - sorry...

Best regards,

Lin