WnSoft Forums

Adding a project to another project: HELP

orizaba

I need your help!

I am building a very long PTE project. For this, I already built 5 smaller separate PTE projects, each one with more than 60 slides (all movies).

In each separate project, slides are numbered from #1 to, for example, #60.

I want to add, in the timeline of project nr 1, all slides from project nr 2. When I make copy/paste, first slides of project nr 2 (the same number of slides included in project nr 1) do not show.

I mean: if project nr 1 has 21 slides (example), and project nr 2 has 30 slides (example), the first 21 slides of project nr 2 do not show, only show slide #22, #23 and so on.

There must be a way to overpass this situation.

At the end, I must make a global and unique MP4 file including all 5 projects together, so I must put all 5 projects in only one timeline.

Please suggest some solution.

Thanks,

Jose

Jose,

I've tried to duplicate your problem but have not been able to do so. How much system RAM do you have?  Is it possible that you are exceeding what the clipboard will hold? Perhaps you should try copying half the slides and paste, then copy the other half and paste and see it that works for you?

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thanks for your help.

My system RAM is 32 GB (Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit), so this is not the problem.

In fact, I think there is no problem at all, as in a latter attempt I could make copy/paste and I got it easy.

Now I am only affraid that when all 5 PTE projects are all together in the same timeline, the resulting project will be too big to deal with (problem of PTE 32-bit native version... I think).

Thanks again.

Regards,

Jose

Jose

If you reached PTE limits, if I were you, I would try to make separated mp4 videos for each or some part of your PTE project, then, by using a third party software like Avidemux I will join the different mp4 together. With Avidemux (free software with or without installer), if you copy audio and video outputs without modifying encoding parameters, your video parts will be joined without reencoding them. I can guess there is a similar solution with VirtualDub but I did not test it.

Daniel

Daniel,

Thanks. You are right, and this is exactly what I use to do with big projects, I use "MP4 Joiner", free as well, and no reencoding.

Problem is when making separate PTEs and separate MP4s, audio/music "brakes" on each separation, I mean, it is more dificult (not impossible) to get a continuous audio along a separation, I mean, from MP4 #1 to MP4 #2, and so on. So, I always avoid to build separate MP4s.

Big solution would be to make a PTE 64-bit native version, but I think I will pass away before Igor launches such a software. I am very sorry for this, because in fact, PTE is the best by far, only it is too "short"...!

Regards,

Jose

Jose,

Three years ago I build up an AV show with PTE using up to 15mn of several Full HD videos clips. The size of zip folder was 2.7Go. Everything was OK working on the timeline but it was impossible to get a preview or to create an exe with video + audio. However everything was OK by creating an HD video...did you try it?

regards

Daniel