WnSoft Forums

Button in Object and Animation window.

Mike Reed

I have always constructed a menu for an AV show by using the button in the object and animation window and the instruction 'open file etc' Using v8. For some unexplained reason the buttons are not working. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Mike,

Could it be that you are trying to open a version of a slideshow created with an earlier version of PTE with the button in version 9?

If so, that won't work but you could use "run application" or rebuild the older exe with version 9 then it would work. I've just tested and it seems to work correctly for me.  If you could give us some specifics, perhaps we can iron out where the problem lies?

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

I am using Version 8 and started from scratch this morning with a Jpeg image as the background upon which I placed the buttons. I will copy the exe file and prepare a template tomorrow and if you agree send it to you.

I was asked to produce a memorial to a good friend who himself was a prolific Aver. It contains three of his AV's that I have downloaded into a new folder.

Many thanks

Mike

Hi Lin

I attach the exe and pte files. The middle and the exit buttons seem to work but not the other two. Any ideas?

I have tried to do it on four occasions each time with the same result.

Menu 2.exe

Menu 2.pte

Thanks Send in the clowns worked after removing the Transparent selection but Thistlegorm and the Exit button still refuse to work and now come up with a Security warning even though I have disabled AVG which is what I use.

Hi Mike see PM

The main thing I can see is that you have the full path name for the sequences which looks like a removable drive.
Make sure the Menu & sequences are in the same folder & remove the full path.

Also set the Slides to 'wait for Key Press' then you don't need set times for the individual slides.

Jill

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2017 at 11:40 AM, jkb said:

Hi Mike see PM

The main thing I can see is that you have the full path name for the sequences which looks like a removable drive.
Make sure the Menu & sequences are in the same folder & remove the full path.

Also set the Slides to 'wait for Key Press' then you don't need set times for the individual slides.

Jill

Can I point out it is only necessary to have the menu and sequences in the same folder. It is not necessary to remove the full path. If the menu cannot find the sequence using the full path it will check in the folder containing the menu.