WnSoft Forums

pte V8 v V9

petejack

Hi, I'm a long time user of PTE, but I really only scratch the surface of the programme. Many of the 'NEW' features of v9 mean nothing to me.

I normally just use the basic 'dissolve' transition between pictures, I have at times used video for a few seconds but it is not a prime concern.

I would happily upgrade to v9 if there is a quality difference to be seen in the photographs during the slideshow (mp4, viewed on a 65in screen..I am happy with the results, but will always look to improve) but as I read the v9 list it appears to be for the more advanced visual/audio guys.

I may still upgrade, and educate myself in the finer skills of a/v, but all I would like to know for now is...Would I see a quality difference between V8 v V9 on the basic photographs?

Thanks Pete.

9 hours ago, petejack said:

.Would I see a quality difference between V8 v V9 on the basic photographs?

Hi,

When I extract pictures from mP4 videos, and compare with the original picture, PTE9 mp4 is better than PTE8 mp4 and closer to the original picture.

Looking on my TV, the difference is not very important, but I can see it. So, I shall use PTE9 to make again the videos I look on my TV.

Denis

Hi,

Probably these new features will be useful for you:

- Denis rightly said that quality of created MP4 video is better than in PTE 8. Also file size of MP4 video will be less on 20-70% (depending on source images and animation).

- If you add JPEG images in Adobe RGB color space, PTE 9 will correctly work with them now.

- Try new Framing animation to create a zoom in a frame.

- New "Find Missing Files" window. Ability to find and recover broken links to files of a project

- PicturesToExe opens a project 30% faster

Many improvements and new features may be useful you if you decide to create more complex projects.