WnSoft Forums

CHANGE A VIDEO SPEED

orizaba

I think I read somewhere that v9 would allow to change the speed of a video clip, for example, to make the video longer in order to syncronize with music.

But I can not find how to. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, orizaba said:

I think I read somewhere that v9 would allow to change the speed of a video clip, for example, to make the video longer in order to syncronize with music.

But I can not find how to. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

It took me a while to find it in V9, but I did find it. Go to the O&A's Properties of the video. Click on 'Adjust Time Range' and the 'Video Times' window will open. Then adjust the 'Speed'. I haven't  tried it myself in V9 but I think this is the place to do it. Gary

Video Speed.jpg

8 hours ago, Lin Evans said:

Hi Jose,

You may also do that in version 8. Go to "Properties" then "Start Time" and you will find "speed" as an option which is defaulted to 100%..

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thank you so much.

All these years using PTE and I never discovered this trick in version 8...! In fact, I think I never used that black down arrow in Start Time, because I always introduce my Start Time by inserting numbers directly. And this trick have been missing for me for a long time, as I mainly use video in my slideshows and sometimes it is quite impossible to syncronize video with music points.

By the way, I am now starting a new big (around 50 minutes) video project and I was thinking to move to version 9, mainly because of this trick.

In fact, I would prefer to keep using my actual version 8.0.21, and now I think I will keep using it. Version 9.0.1, as I can see, has some diferences which I am not used to (in other words, I do not like!), for example, the way to manipulate numbers (in Start Time, for example), those horizontal arrows moving from left to right to adjust new numbers is a much more delicate and uneasy process compared with actual vertical arrows which allow to change time by 0,5 second per each click. And some other innovations.

I wonder why I had no replies to my former post concerning PUBLISH HD VIDEO - 2 PASS ENCODING, as this new publish way upset me. I like to see and verify things running.

So, my only doubt, this moment, is about quality of published MP4 HD video. I saw one of these days some one saying that quality is better in version 9. Why better? Which new different parameters to make it better than version 8? More bits per pixel per frame? Greater fluidity? Which more differences?

Hope to have your comments on this.

Best regards,

Jose

Hi Jose,

Yes, the actual quality is better on mp4 videos and the file size is smaller too. I can't provide all the details but several have commented on this. There is also the choice of creating an HTML5 video with version 9 and some of the other effects are outstanding such as greatly improved features with styles. The addition of "modifiers" for animation add a tremendous amount to versatility as well. In all, it's a powerful upgrade for a very reasonable charge I think.

Best regards,

Lin

25 minutes ago, orizaba said:

Hi Lin,

....So, my only doubt, this moment, is about quality of published MP4 HD video. I saw one of these days some one saying that quality is better in version 9. Why better? Which new different parameters to make it better than version 8? More bits per pixel per frame? Greater fluidity? Which more differences?

Hope to have your comments on this.

Best regards,

Jose

Jose,

One new feature in V9 that I think is extremely useful is the ability to do animation within a Frame. This allows you to put in a Border around an image or video and do zooms, pans, etc., within the Frame. This comes in handy, at least for me, when you have video that might not have the resolution that looks good full screen. Also for images. I now have found in V9 that I like to combine a 'Border' (if you want to) with 'Aspect Crop' (16:9) within a Frame, and animate the image or video, giving more creative possibilities. So there are things, for me, that make V9 more useful. Also, I don't want to be left behind asking questions relating to past versions.

Gary