WnSoft Forums

STATIC (non-animated Gradient / Image) as a background

fxdesigner

I would like to be able to have a STATIC / non-influenced BACKGROUND IMAGE as a default backdrop that will NOT move or be affected by transition options - in essence a graphic container that will animate / display  all objects / slides / text in front of this backdrop / background but the furthest layer away from the viewer simply doesn't move, regardless of all the action in front of it. Is this possible with V9? I know I can have a solid color or gradient that works in that manner - but I would like to use an image.

For example, a wooden texture or image of wood as an immovable object where a canvas or parchment or leather sheet / page / paper would animate (i.e. Curling of page transition) but the background would remain stationary. 

Another request - when using the curling the page transition - an option to mirror/reflect the next slide's image onto the back side of the slide that is being removed. Right now, I can have what amounts to a 'clear'/transparent sheet that on the back side shows the slide content as if looking at a mirror.

Any insight would be appreciated.

fx designer

Project Options - add image as BG

Slide Options - Select all slides and add the image as BG

Alternatively, If you use the O&A / Splitter for BG Objects you can apply Blur etc to the BG Object/Image.

DG

P.S. Note that certain basic PRESET Transitions will move the BG along with the main Object.

To have a completely STATIC BG Image during a transition you have to use an ADVANCED Transition which has "Use BG from Slide" and "Transparent BG of Slide" enabled or create your own version of the Basic Preset.

DG

DG.

I appreciate the reply - however, I have previously tried what you suggested and it won't work.

I give PTE V9 5 stars and overall it outperforms just about any similar software available. The one exception is the inability to have (if you will) an independent LAYER for a static image or gradient that will remain stationary regardless of the animations, transitions or objects that are placed in front of it. Other vendor software permits that feature. The purpose is to make it appear images are being stacked on or removed from a series (or pages) of images creating a pseudo page turning effect without an entire redraw of the screen including the static background.

I prefer to be able to make an inclusive PTE exe file - and if that isn't possible - then we will go to plan B >> by creating a PTE video file, use a (solid color in PTE) chromakey background (blue/green screen), import the footage into After Effects - chromakey OUT the color background, thereby allowing a STATIC background to appear and remain stationary throughout the playback.

Thanks again, for your suggestion - 

FX Designer

FX designer, if I am reading your request correctly, it sounds as though you want to build up several images on top of a static image. If these images are only part of the frame then they need to be .png images - ie with a transparent background made in something like Photoshop.

These images can then be easily animated while the background remains static.
The background image is at the bottom of the list of Objects, or it can be the actual background of the slide as DG explains.

Jill

Guys, 

Let me try to explain this as I see it.

Consider that an image remains rather than a black background while the foreground which may indeed cover the entire screen does virtually ANY animation from page curl to 3D flips or whatever. Substitute the normal black, blank screen with an image of choice which remains regardless of animation of image(s) in layer(s) above. 

Consider the behavior of a master movie as a background with linked videos as background for each slide. If a simple fade transition is used, the video background persists. On the other hand, if a page curl or 3D transition is used, the background movie goes with it. Now consider a scenario where the background movie did not change but indeed replaced the blank, black screen while everything else worked as expected. 

I "think" this is what FX is looking for, but with a still image rather than the movie...

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

Yes - you are grasping the concept. I know that with some of the "standard" transitions, I can achieve this effect - however, specific to the page curl - I can not get the background to stay stationary - I fully understand why - I simply wanted to know if there were a workaround. Flat plane transitions work - 3D (DirectDraw-type) transitions do not.

DG was kind enough to provide a pte style package - (thank you, DG) - but I knew how to do that.
(For Jill) - I am already using PNG files (not all, but some and yes they were created in Photoshop (CC2015). I prefer png because it is a lossless format.

At its current version and feature list as remarkable as PTE is - PTE V9.0.1 is not able to do what I am envisioning. As stated earlier - I will go with Plan B.
There is always an alternative - the key word is compromise...

I appreciate all the insight from everyone. Thank you.

FX Designer