WnSoft Forums

Sad News Today (Maureen Albright)

Lin Evans

I was just informed that our beloved friend and forum member Maureen Albright passed away this evening. Maureen was such a delight to all who knew her and even though we never met in person, I always felt that she was a close friend. Maureen passed from the very same illness that took the life of my late wife Sherry - brain cancer. Fortunately, she did not suffer great physical pain. 

Lin

Very very sad news, indeed.

Maureen was very much dedicated to promoting AV, particularly among young people, and she was very engaged and enthusiastic in her numerous activities. We have met several times (including once with Igor) and it was always a pleasure to see her again with her dear husband Robert.

I feel sad tonight and my deepest thoughts go to Robert and the family.

This is sad news. We knew Maureen had not been well & was in a hospice, but didn't realise how ill she was.

Our condolences to Robert,, she will be greatly missed by all who her knew her.

Jill

Maureen was such a friend to everyone she met.  Karen and I stayed with Maureen and Robert on one of our visits to England.  We have fond memories of our hike together and of the wonderful meals they prepared for us. Prayers go out to Robert and family.

Bill

This is a great loss to the PTE community and the AV community as a whole!   Maureen was a skilled photographer and AV producer, and did much to encourage others, including myself, in this field, not only in the UK, but other countries as well.  My wife and I also stayed with Maureen and Robert while on a visit to the Cotswolds, and the AV Festival at Cirencester, and they couldn't have been more hospitable.   Maureen will be greatly missed by all who knew her.

..........Al

I'm deeply saddened by this news. Maureen was my dear friend. In 2008 and 2010 by the invitation of Maureen, I visited the UK to participate at the AV festivals. I especially appreciated the hospitality of Maureen and Robert Albright. Maureen did so much for AV and especially for PicturesToExe in the UK. I will be very missed by Maureen. I hope and believe that she is in the better world now. My best thoughts and wishes with Maureen.

• Igor changed the title to Sad News Today (Maureen Albright)

PTE has lost a valued member who always had the time to help others. Over the years Maureen has given me excellent advice that has helped me so much. I will miss her!

My thoughts are with Robert and the rest of the family.

Rest in peace Maureen and may God bless you!

Ronnie West.

• Igor unpinned this topic

Such sad news, I knew Maureen and Robert when I was in England, my most sincere condolences to Robert and family.

John Guthrie