WnSoft Forums

Looking for a style

denwell

I'm looking for a finished slide style or pointers for one that gives a simple stack (or two) of bordered images, both landscape and portrait format, one on top of another.

I remember Barry B made something similar a long time ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

Denwell

Dave ,

many thanks for your helpful styles . This time I have some problems to apply the style - the order of cards looks a bit strange to me . Perhaps , my understanding of applying the style is wrong .

Regards - Paul

Denwell

I am a bit late to this thread as I am away from home, but could you be referring to the scattered pictures technique. It's where the images, landscape or portrait, appear as though the author is scattering them on a table top, one on top of the other.

I am always on the forum and read anything interesting daily, but I don't always feel the need to comment. Some wouldn't like my comments anyway :o

No I have not thought of creating that technique as a style, but there is no reason why it should not be. Originally when I used the scattered pictures technique i think I showed something like 200 + images in 3 minutes.

if you made a style of this type a decision would need to be made on how many images would be used in the style and you also have an issue with format.  If you stayed with portrait format images you could make a slide style based on 20, 50 or more images, 

Generally we would create a style with, let's say 6 images and then apply that style 6 times for 36 images, but that does not fully recreate my original scattered pictures technique, because after every 6 images you would start again. Part of the appeal of the original idea was the continuos effect of dropping images onto a scattered stack.

originally I created the content for this technique in Photoshop layers and used Actions to save out each image. Each slide added another scattered image and it ran non stop as if all 200 + images were dropped onto a table

http://www.beckhamdigital.com.au/store/pc/Images-from-2010-71p345.htm